Favorite Soap Bases

Jeana

I used to use the low sweat base from Peaks. Now I've been playing with a few from Stephenson's. I can tell a BIG difference in lather. They are nice, but I"m worried that people won't like the low suds. Can anyone recommend a good soap base without propylene glycol?

I had high hopes for essentials by Catalina but did not like their soap.

The soap mentioned from brambleberry is the SFIC brand which I love. I would do a search for that soap base if you don’t want it buy 25 lbs. Maybe they have 1 lb. blocks. It’s a popular brand, so many places carry it. There are a variety of bases to choose from.🌸

• Like 1

On 2/26/2020 at 4:56 AM, CandleRush said:

I had high hopes for essentials by Catalina but did not like their soap.

The soap mentioned from brambleberry is the SFIC brand which I love. I would do a search for that soap base if you don’t want it buy 25 lbs. Maybe they have 1 lb. blocks. It’s a popular brand, so many places carry it. There are a variety of bases to choose from.🌸

I actually have a honey base from SFIC and a low sweat base. I did some soaps with the honey base. It was so nice. It melts very evenly, and it doesn't get over bubbly while melting. I haven't tried the other one yet. I just saw the SFIC is actually in CA, which is where I am too. I hate that I have to buy from places out of CA and have it shipped back to me in CA. I tried to contact them for a distributor here but they haven't responded. 
The SFIC base is twice as much as the Stephenson's base from CS, even if you buy directly from them. It is nice from what I've seen though. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 9/10/2021 at 1:32 PM, blacktieaffair said:

My favorites would be ( although it is not everything that I use but what do you use mostly ) Donkey Milk from CS and CC Premium from WSP. Of course I also used the honey ale, triple butter, and aloe.

The triple butter from CS? Does it lather well? I've been wanting to try it. 

• 1 year later...