Not sure how to wick this tin...

Been asked to do a specific tin, bit of a weird one, they are the 16oz ones which are 4.8" diameter, 1.75 tall. Not the taller 16oz ones.

Not really sure how to approach it because realistically it's only gonna hold about 8.5oz of wax to the fill line, and doing something like triple wick seems like it would just burn through it too fast.

I'll probably be using 4630 and I gotta stick to self-trim. Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.

tinb.jpg

20 hours ago, ErronB said:

Been asked to do a specific tin, bit of a weird one, they are the 16oz ones which are 4.8" diameter, 1.75 tall. Not the taller 16oz ones.

Not really sure how to approach it because realistically it's only gonna hold about 8.5oz of wax to the fill line, and doing something like triple wick seems like it would just burn through it too fast.

I'll probably be using 4630 and I gotta stick to self-trim. Any ideas much appreciated, thanks.

Yikes, I don't like that size of a container either. In my opinion, a big container that shallow makes a worthless candle. It won't last very long, unless that's what they're going for. I'd explain the dynamics of it to them and talk them into doing a deeper container. But that's just me.

Edited by Laura C

9 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

You could try double wick with 2  of the 3/8 inch wooden wicks.

As much as I like them, I don't trust wooden wicks outside giving them as gifts, the way they burn is extremely inconsistent. In soy they are more forgiving but parasoy / paraffin they are a total crapshoot. 

6 hours ago, Laura C said:

Yikes, I don't like that size of a container either. In my opinion, a big container that shallow makes a worthless candle. It won't last very long, unless that's what they're going for. I'd explain the dynamics of it to them and talk them into doing a deeper container. But that's just me.

I know, it's not ideal at all, trying to talk them into the taller 16oz tin which could be a nice little double wicker at just under 4" diameter. 

• Like 1