Failing lotion pumps

Candybee

I try to buy the best pumps for my lotion bottles. They are not cheap and cost more than the other pop-up type tops. I buy them for customer appeal and they look and work nice as long as they work. Occasionally I have been finding the pumps fail to pop up when twisted in order to start pumping. I have experienced this on more than one occasion and just today received an email from a customer that had two pumps fail to twist open to use. On top of that they were lotions she purchased as gifts.

Has anyone else had this problem? I need to know where to buy reliable pumps that work 100% of the time. Otherwise I will go back to using the pop-up type tops.

@Candybee, I literally just had this problem with 28/410 pump tops that I ordered from US Plastics. 

I put a top on my daughter's bottle of conditioner, and nope, it wouldn't open. Thought maybe I just got a bad one, switched it out, nope. That one didn't open either. I tried all the tops (on empty bottles), and none of them opened, out of a dozen.

So I emailed US Plastics to let them know I had a problem. BTW, I also ordered a dozen 24/410 tops that are working just fine too. I really didn't expect them to care about my piddley little order, but I got an email from them today saying that they sent someone to the warehouse to test the tops  for themselves, and yes, they are defective! I was pretty impressed! So I think it happens that sometimes our suppliers are shipped defective lots, and they don't realize because they aren't out testing every single one. It's just not realistic. USP is sending me replacements. If you can track back which lot your defective tops came from, it might be worth it to contact your supplier and let them know.

• Like 1

Most of my pumps do work, its just that there seems to be a few in each order that I have noticed failed to open after twisting. There were 24/410 size lotion pumps btw. So I am not looking to replace the whole order as recent orders in the past have had the same problem. It tells me that the pumps just may not be the best way to go. I could of course test each pump out before using. But I just don't have the time or patience. But either that is what I have to do or change to a different top. Argh!

• Sad 1

I've started to include a different top (disc top)  with my lotions which adds to the cost as I too have had instances where they did not work when customers went to use them.  It seems to be happening more often than in the past.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Shari said:

I've started to include a different top (disc top)  with my lotions which adds to the cost as I too have had instances where they did not work when customers went to use them.  It seems to be happening more often than in the past.  

Funny you mentioned this. I just ordered disc tops to give out to customers that buy the lotion. It IS an additional cost to have to deal with but I'd rather have happy customer that comes back than have one frustrated and disappointed and just disappear forever. KWIM?

• Like 1

Where did you get your pumps? I buy stuff from sksbottle and though they can be a bit more expensive, I have NOT had any fails with their products. I have been finding suppliers have been buying cheaper packaging meaning not as nicely manufactured. I would try and get samples from different suppliers and test.