Sunflower

Karen Ov

This year my son planted sunflowers and for the first time I actually smelled one. It smelled soo soo good. To me it smelled like a little green then a very light floral ( which i don't care for florals) but this was so subtle and then this sweet sticky almost  dewy like smell , it was so nice. So i ordered sunflower fo from FC and it almost smells like it , but its missing that sweet scent. Does anyone know of a fo that smells dewy sweet w/o being a bakery sweet I could add to it or an actual sunflower fo that is more what I'm looking for...Thanks     

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/26/2019 at 11:35 AM, Karen Ov said:

This year my son planted sunflowers and for the first time I actually smelled one. It smelled soo soo good. To me it smelled like a little green then a very light floral ( which i don't care for florals) but this was so subtle and then this sweet sticky almost  dewy like smell , it was so nice. So i ordered sunflower fo from FC and it almost smells like it , but its missing that sweet scent. Does anyone know of a fo that smells dewy sweet w/o being a bakery sweet I could add to it or an actual sunflower fo that is more what I'm looking for...Thanks     

I’m not sure if this would help but maybe a bamboo sugarcane?  Is that the direction your headed in?

There are a handful of floral scents from Wellington Fragrance that I think are really nice and their Sunflower happens to be one of them.  They have a minimum order requirement, however, so there's that, but every so often I put an order together and last time I made sure to get some of their Sunflower, as well as Orchid, Sweet Grass and some others.

On 12/4/2019 at 9:22 PM, Marleigha said:

I’m not sure if this would help but maybe a bamboo sugarcane?  Is that the direction your headed in?

Thanks ..I have tried the bamboo sugarcane by itself , smells really good, but maybe a stand alone sugar with out other scents. I seen somewhere there is a simple sugar...  The reviews weren't the best on it though .. I might try it...  

On 12/4/2019 at 10:23 PM, birdcharm said:

There are a handful of floral scents from Wellington Fragrance that I think are really nice and their Sunflower happens to be one of them.  They have a minimum order requirement, however, so there's that, but every so often I put an order together and last time I made sure to get some of their Sunflower, as well as Orchid, Sweet Grass and some others.

Does the sunflower have a sweet smell? 

On 12/7/2019 at 9:24 AM, Karen Ov said:

Does the sunflower have a sweet smell? 

Yes, it has a sweet floral smell.  I'm not sure how to describe it, but I suppose it could be considered along the lines of a honeydew-like sweetness, although it's clearly a floral scent.

I have a sample of sunflower from FB that says compare to Peak Candle. Can’t say that I smell honeysuckle oob, but it is a sweet fragrance. I don’t know what you’re looking for- but this smells really good.