Name for business

JudyN

Alot of people pick out names that represent themselves or locations based on the area they are going to have their business. As for me I picked out my company name after names I tried to used were taken. I chose the name "CozyAromas" because I wanted to give my customers a feeling of home or comfort when ever they smell or try my products. You might also want to google your prospective company name to make sure it's not taken just in case you're thinking about venturing online.

Hope this helps....you might also want to do a general search in this forum, I am pretty sure this question has come up several times, and I am sure helpful responses were left as well.:)

Mine was named after my son..his name is Blaze so I named the business Blazing Wicks. Just try not to OVER think it, it will come to you when you least expect it sometimes. Do you have a really neat street name or town? Maybe a nickname someone has called you. You can run some stuff you been thinking by us...we can try to help you come up with something. ;)

Try to come up with a name that allows you to expand over time. You might just be doing hurricanes now for example. Judy's Hurricanes wouldn't be a good name when you expanded into containers and pillars. Try on a name for a while. See how it feels. Often your 1st idea will develop into the name that is right for you.

Guest EMercier

I could not come up with anything very creative. I wanted to do a bunch of things (haven'ts gotten there yet). I wanted it to be Scents N Things. But I haven't gotten to the tings yet. So, I setted with Scents by Eilena. I'll get to the things soon, hopefully. The things are jewlery and handbags. I want a little gift shop. There is more, but that's tooo long for this post.

First, I settled on an image for my business, what type of personality and attributes did I want to convey? I knew I wanted something that represented classic, simple, pure and well-established. I also knew that I wanted to incorporate my son's name in it. I solicited opinions from people that I know and that I thought might have good ideas, and I got perhaps 100 or more suggestions - I wanted to hear anything and everything, and I couldn't settle on anything myself. As soon as I saw The Suggestion, I knew that was it.

Perhaps we could help? Would you like to describe what you're going for, and words that you'd like to incorporate and see what these awesome, creative people can come up with?

Mine was named after my son..his name is Blaze so I named the business Blazing Wicks. Just try not to OVER think it, it will come to you when you least expect it sometimes. Do you have a really neat street name or town? Maybe a nickname someone has called you. You can run some stuff you been thinking by us...we can try to help you come up with something. ;)

I, too, named my business after my son Logan. There were many variations before my wife came up with Logan Bear Candles. Logan Bear is her nickname for him. Actually, we just bought the domain name "loganbearcandles.com" yesterday.

post-1678-139458391729_thumb.jpg

My business was originally called Bev's Homespun Candles. Not very creative at all. I just recently changed the name to Cabin Dream Candles. My husband and I have always dreamed of living in a cabin in the woods ... thus, "Cabin Dream" was born. Since my candles have more of a "country" feel, I thought the name fit.

I don't exactly remember how we came up with the name as it was several years ago. I had a high school teacher who use to say "Schubert practices Agape" every time we would ask for a hall pass etc... so I think that that had something to do with it. I definitely think that you should keep it broad. I find that I do several thing and am not limited by my name. Find a word you like and start there.