Not the best

Boy you would be giving away a lot of candles if you didn't think soy candles with frost or wet spots were worth selling.

I recently made 2 candles in 18 oz containers with 444 soy wax.  Poured both of them at the same time of course.  One came out perfectly; the other had wet spots (wax didn't adhere to the glass).  There is no rhyme or reason to wet spots.  I'm here to testify of that.

I looked at some Woodwick candles at Cracker Barrel. Virtually every one had wet spots.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

As we walk down memory lane on craftserver (and other candle information sites) it seems like a good exercise to create a scorecard tool to measure our candles.  Say for instance jar adhesion was weighted as a heavy criteria. Would that mean melt pool temp or depth or sooting was unimportant? 

I work with other candle makers and have mentally prepared that scorecard for each situation, since many people have different priorities. Thinking we could, as a group, put it into a written format to use. What do you think?

• Like 1