Votive Storage

There is another thread somewhere about storage bags - here is the bit I copied into Word so I'd know what to buy: "If they are in polyethylene bags they will lose their scent. You would need polypropylene." So I found myself some polypropylene bags. Previously I was using sandwich type bags (with a ziplock) and the scent has well and truly left the building. HTH.

Yup, there is, it'll suck the scent out...lol. Though I've heard that freezer bags don't. I've not tried them. The plastic storage containers are only about a buck and much easier to use with less damage to the candles as well. Just make sure they have a 5 in the triangle on the bottom.

Uh oh :mad:

I have some unpacking to do.

Does anyone have a good online supplier of bags that won't cause problems?

Are the plastic storage containers you write about SatinDucky like the shoe box size containers at the dollar store?

What is the best method to store votives?

I need to keep them in some type of container so they won't get damaged.

The brand name for the ones at Walmart is Sterilite... they are made of polypropylene so it won't suck the scent out... besides the shoe box type they have a 3 drawer unit that votives fit in perfectly... they fit right into a 13 gallon kitchen trash bag so when i do a craft show they transport real easily...

I use the small square plastic containers that I get at Wal-Mart. They hold 8 votives and some tarts and stack well. I don't use bags because it is too easy to nick and dent the votives, if not stored well. The plastic containers work much better. The ones I use cost .99 each. Can't beat that price.