Basic scents

Sheree00

Hello 👋🏾 all. 

Would like to take a little poll/survey about basic/starter scents. There’s sooooo many different suppliers, scents etc etc I was wondering how do you pick lol. What are 4-5 good basic scents to start with ? What are you go to scents. The wax I’m using btw is 464. Love getting you guys input. 

Thanks

Sheree :)

Really depends on what type of scents you like. You’ll be testing a lot, so might as well get scents you won’t mind smelling all the time!  I really like spa and aquatic fragrances, so I have more of those than anything else. Some people have tons of florals, others have a lot of bakery scents, and still others have more exotic/ masculine scents. 

But, generally speaking, I would say Vanilla, Apple, and Cinnamon are good starter scents. 

They are generally crowd pleasing and good selling scents. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sebleo said:

Really depends on what type of scents you like. You’ll be testing a lot, so might as well get scents you won’t mind smelling all the time!  I really like spa and aquatic fragrances, so I have more of those than anything else. Some people have tons of florals, others have a lot of bakery scents, and still others have more exotic/ masculine scents. 

But, generally speaking, I would say Vanilla, Apple, and Cinnamon are good starter scents. 

They are generally crowd pleasing and good selling scents. 

Thanks for responding! I also like spa like scents. I’m more a clean/fresh scent type of person but I would like to have a variety. I will definitely be doing a lot of testing with different scent. I think I’m going to start with a fresh, floral, bakery/sweet, and something masculine and go from there. 

1 hour ago, Sheree00 said:

Thanks for responding! I also like spa like scents. I’m more a clean/fresh scent type of person but I would like to have a variety. I will definitely be doing a lot of testing with different scent. I think I’m going to start with a fresh, floral, bakery/sweet, and something masculine and go from there. 

If you’re interested in ordering from Candle Science, they have some good spa/clean scents. I highly recommend Black Sea, Blood Orange, Coconut Bamboo, Peppermint Eucalyptus, and Caribbean Teakwood. 

• Thanks 1

Agree with others and their recs.  You can't go wrong with a floral (rose or lavender), an ocean scent (salty sea air), laundry (april fresh), fruit (mac apple), spicy type (cinnamon stick or broom) and vanilla (vanilla bean or vanilla voodoo).  Shoot I would even consider a birthday cake.  :)

One way to do it is to pick at least one scent from each fragrance type. Think of which types you want to represent and then find a FO in that type:

woodsy

floral

resin

fruit

clean

green

fabric

ocean/water/ozone

spice

Another way is to combine more than one type:

floral/fruity

woodsy/resin