Best Leather FO for Aromies and Best Birds of Paradise

Chrisy

Can someone direct me to the best supplier that sells Leather and Birds of Paradise FO? I ordered from Aztec and my Aromies aren’t strong at all with the leather oil and BOP smells horrible from them. Thanks 

I use BOP from Rustic Essentials.   On my 3rd 16 oz bottle.  Just wish they made bigger more economical sizes.  I have used it in M&P soaps and lotions and it smells wonderful .... similar to the well known one.  It's vanilla with strawberries with a little coconut.  I've noticed some of the BOP's have floral notes, but not this one.   I have candles in that BOP curing now.   I have a leather from RE too.   Used it in M&P soups and it was nice.  Haven't made any Aromies yet but I'm guessing the fragrance would be similar used in them?

Edited by Dirt Roads
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Gsmakinsoap said:

Do they smell quite similar to each other, or fairly different (different but good)

I use both and they smell very similar and like soshiegirl said, you can’t go wrong with either one. I also like the leather fro the Candle Source which smells different but still good. 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
On 5/15/2019 at 3:32 PM, soshiegirl said:

Leather from Texas Candle Supply and Lone Star are amazing.  Sorry can't help you with BOP.

I'm glad to read that because I ordered a sample from Lone Star.  How are you all using leather FO?  Straight up or as a mixer?  What are some blends you like with it?  I ordered that sample not because I have specific plans for it but to see what fun I can have with it.

7 hours ago, Darbla said:

I'm glad to read that because I ordered a sample from Lone Star.  How are you all using leather FO?  Straight up or as a mixer?  What are some blends you like with it?  I ordered that sample not because I have specific plans for it but to see what fun I can have with it.

I use it straight up and blended with vanilla, cherry, strawberry, black ice, and Texas Candle Supply has one called Cowboys at the Beach that has it blended with Butt  Naked and it smells really good. They also have several other leather blends that smell good too that you might want to try or blend yourself.

• Like 1

I've enjoyed Leather Jacket from Nature's Garden. I thought I would hate it - some leather FO's have a bit of a bite to them when you first smell them OOB - but when I put it in wax it just blossomed - it turned into a really nice smooth leather without being overpowering. It also blended nicely with black cherry. I'm guessing it would do well with tobacco or whiskey or maybe even a mulberry...

My favorite leather is reminiscent of old books.  It is the base of my Sherlock's Study blend.  Pretty sure I'll be getting a keg of it within the next couple of weeks if pricing didn't go crazy. If anyone's interested I'll put sniffie sets together of that and my Faerie blend.