Oatmeal cookie

Melts:

wax used: container paraffin

fragrance load (%): 10%

average cure time: 5 days

Wax additives: none

Cold throw: Excellent

Hot Throw: Great

The only oatmeal cookie I have tried so far that actually has the warm baked cookie note, a lot are very spice focused.  

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
On 3/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, lovelyscents said:

Melts:

wax used: container paraffin

fragrance load (%): 10%

average cure time: 5 days

Wax additives: none

Cold throw: Excellent

Hot Throw: Great

The only oatmeal cookie I have tried so far that actually has the warm baked cookie note, a lot are very spice focused.  

What other oatmeal cookies have you tried 

Oh boy you put me on the spot to think here haha!  RE grandma's cupboard (since it has been said to resemble a oatmeal cookie) but to my nose it is a spicy bakery type vs a actual cookie, FM is good but my nose gets more fruit like the raisin and spice but not as warm/rich of a cookie, JS and candle source are good but again my nose picks up more spice. 

• 8 months later...
On 7/13/2019 at 9:19 AM, lovelyscents said:

Oh boy you put me on the spot to think here haha!  RE grandma's cupboard (since it has been said to resemble a oatmeal cookie) but to my nose it is a spicy bakery type vs a actual cookie, FM is good but my nose gets more fruit like the raisin and spice but not as warm/rich of a cookie, JS and candle source are good but again my nose picks up more spice. 

Ahhh, So you would compare this to Grandmas Cupboard and it would come out on top?  I have tried Grandmas Cupboard and thought it was nice just not super strong.  So you prefer the MC Oatmeal Cookie over the Grandmas Cupboard?

It is crazy how we all get different results because grandma's cupboard burns my nose hair strong and thats with a half ounce melt throughout my entire home.  I like the notes of the MC oatmeal cookie.  However, I am not sure I will continue with it because I have not been that impressed with enough other oils from them to continue ordering.  Again, my opinion and others may have better outcomes with them.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 4/10/2020 at 7:12 PM, lovelyscents said:

It is crazy how we all get different results because grandma's cupboard burns my nose hair strong and thats with a half ounce melt throughout my entire home.  I like the notes of the MC oatmeal cookie.  However, I am not sure I will continue with it because I have not been that impressed with enough other oils from them to continue ordering.  Again, my opinion and others may have better outcomes with them.  

I don't order from MC much anymore because she is more expensive than other suppliers I use.  But I have to buy Grandma's Kitchen, High Cotton and Backroads there, because nothing else compares in my opinion.  I have gotten a couple of weak samples though, like Butter Rum Crunch.  I would like to patronize this company more because it is located in Indiana where I live.  I would definitely buy more FO's there if she offered pick up and I didn't have to pay the high shipping cost.

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 4/27/2022 at 5:45 PM, Belinda said:

This is my favorite oatmeal cookie! The one from Maple Street smells like it OOB but I haven't put it in wax yet. I hope it's the same.

If I ever order from MC again, I'm going to get Oatmeal Cookie since you love it so much. I'm out of their Grandma's Kitchen but have to wait until I need others too.

Besides my cabinets are so full of FO's I would have to find another place to put more, so I'm trying to slow down. You know how that goes. :) 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GailC said:

If I ever order from MC again, I'm going to get Oatmeal Cookie since you love it so much. I'm out of their Grandma's Kitchen but have to wait until I need others too.

Besides my cabinets are so full of FO's I would have to find another place to put more, so I'm trying to slow down. You know how that goes. :) 

I can defiantly relate LOL! 

I just got a VERY small order from Maple Street because I wanted to try this oil called Strawberry macaron with vanilla whip and if I'm not mistaken their oatmeal cookie is the same as the one from Millcreek. I need to put it in wax though. The strawberry one I got from MS smells great but it's very close to strawberry pound cake. Both are so yummy!

• Like 1

On 4/30/2022 at 10:15 PM, Belinda said:

I can defiantly relate LOL! 

I just got a VERY small order from Maple Street because I wanted to try this oil called Strawberry macaron with vanilla whip and if I'm not mistaken their oatmeal cookie is the same as the one from Millcreek. I need to put it in wax though. The strawberry one I got from MS smells great but it's very close to strawberry pound cake. Both are so yummy!

The Strawberry sounds good, but I still have 2 or 3 different strawberries from various companies. Strawberry scents don't sell very well for me. I like the Sweet Strawberry I got from Flaming Candle, but I think my favorite was Strawberry Shortcake I got from Candlescience several years ago.

• 3 weeks later...
On 5/2/2022 at 9:18 AM, GailC said:

The Strawberry sounds good, but I still have 2 or 3 different strawberries from various companies. Strawberry scents don't sell very well for me. I like the Sweet Strawberry I got from Flaming Candle, but I think my favorite was Strawberry Shortcake I got from Candlescience several years ago.

Oh yes! I loved strawberry shortcake from CS but they discontinued it. I think I've seen dupes of it though but can't remember where.

• Like 1