J225 Super Wax

Has anyone tried the J225 Super Wax yet? Just got a newsletter from Candles and Supplies and it said:

Astorlite® introduces the latest and greatest scent wax on the market! J-225 is a premium wax blend that holds more scent than any other wax. J-225 also allows the candle maker to use fragrances that, until now, have been off limits or considered to be of limited use because of fragrance leakage. J-225 has superior hot and cold fragrance throw, is a smooth creamy one pour and has excellent jar adhesion so there are no wet spots. Try your most difficult fragrance in Astorlite® J-225, you will find that it does not leak. If you want your candles to be stronger than anything else available - USE THIS WAX!

Type: Paraffin

Meltpoint: 120 degrees

Primary Use: Container candles

Packaging: 10-11 lb. slabs

Wick Suggestion: Zinc, paper core, Heinz coreless

Recommended Pouring Temperature: 180-190 degrees

Instructions for Use: Heat wax to 200 degrees. Add scent and color and let wax cool to 180 degrees.

That wax is just too expensive for me right now, so I'm not going to bother testing it. Maybe if the price comes down. I use J50 and it works great. I also did some serious testing on 4630 and 4627 this summer, so I'm not quite ready to jump on the "new-wax" bandwagon right now, lol.

How much more is it? I use J-50, but that sounds interesting, not to mention my supplier just raised J-50 up 8 bucks a case!

Hi,,Candles and supplies have it for $15.90 per 11 LBS or $71.68 per case @ 1.28 per LB,,,I think I will have to wait to see if it will get a wee bit cheaper,,,,To rich for me now,,anyways Im testing Soy,,,,HTH

Yep, just too expensive to test it out. Goodness, I think what I pay now is a lot then shipping for me is about 40.00 a case. If they were smart, they would have made it affordable and then one they sucked us all in, they would have raised the price :P ....LOL. Isnt that what usually happens?

• 1 month later...

I emailed Early American Candle and asked about J225.

This is the reply I got,

The cost for an 11lb slab is $19.00 plus shipping &handling. That is what is considered a “sample”. If you want a case of the J225 (55lbs) – the cost is $63.80/case plus shipping and handling.

I guess the cost is coming down some now, I wish the 11 lb slab was a little cheaper than that tho, maybe it'll come down a little more:)

• 1 month later...

I was given 210lbs of J225 from a company that just went out of business and wanted it gone but am not getting as good of results as Im seeing everyone else is.

Im getting wet spots and not such a good scent throw...

The supplier that gave it to me said to pour about 170, should I pour hotter?