Sweet Cakes faves?

Darbla

I didn't find a recent topic for them so I'm starting one (you can't rely on really old comments for FOs because everything's changed so much in just the last few years!).  These all sound wonderful, so any comments on these or other favorites would be just peachy.  Unfortunately, they are so expensive probably most of us would only use them in small amounts for personal use or as a special treat for someone.  I'm looking at it as $8.25 (one example) for an ounce of one of these is not as bad as buying much more expensive designer ones at Sephora.  😕

Acai Berry & Magnolia (Victoria's Secret type) Fragrance 

Aliage (Estee Lauder type) Fragrance 

Amber Fragrance     (alone or as a blender)

Angel (type) Fragrance 

Aria by Culti (type) Fragrance 

Black Currant Rose Fragrance 

Calamus (Comme des Garcons type) Fragrance 

Christmas Forest Fragrance 

Christmas Spice Fragrance (2018 MOD)    ( an irresistible blend of Yuletide spice, woods, and sweet notes. At the top, ripe strawberry melds with touches of green apple and pineapple. Next, holiday spices of clove, cinnamon, pimento, and cardamom blend with a hint of rose, leading to a long-lasting drydown of sweet vanilla and balsam fir. )

Christmas Thyme Fragrance     (wasn't someone here recently looking for one named this?)

Citron et Figue Fragrance

Clean (type) Fragrance     (I really wish this was Clean Sweet Layer but I've given up on finding that)

Drakkar Noir (type) Fragrance     (I'll never tire of Drakkar)

Fig Fragrance 

Frankincense & Myrrh Fragrance 

Gardenia Fragrance 

Ginger Essence (Origins type) Fragrance 

Green Irish Tweed (Creed type) Fragrance 

Heather Fragrance

Hermes Eau des Merveilles (type) Fragrance 

Hotel Costes (type) Fragrance

Icecap Fragrance     (might be a good sinus clearer)

Jasmine Fragrance 

Lavender & Cedar Fragrance 

Lavender & Herbs Fragrance 

Lilac Fragrance

Lily of the Valley Fragrance 

Linden Blossom Fragrance 

Magnolia, World's Best Fragrance

Masculine Musk Fragrance 

Midnight in Tunisia Fragrance 

Molton Brown Naran Ji (type) Fragrance 

Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type) Fragrance 

Northwoods Fragrance 

Oakmoss Fragrance

Olive Blossom Fragrance 

Orange Blossom Fragrance (2018 MOD) 

Osmanthus Fragrance 

Pikaki Fragrance 

Precious Amber (Maitre Parfumeur type) Frag.     (amber, sandalwood, and citrus plus other notes)

Red Rose Fragrance 

Sandalwood Fragrance    (interesting sounding blend suggested with this)

Sapmoss (Aveda type) Fragrance 

Tahitian Petals Fragrance

Tranquil Sleep (B&BW type) Fragrance 

True Rose Fragrance 

Tuberose Deluxe Fragrance

Violet Fragrance 

Woodsmoke Fragrance

@soshiegirl I'm so glad to hear that about Osmanthus (all of them, really).  That is a relatively rare FO.  I had already decided that if I didn't order anything else, Sapmoss and Lavender & Cedar would be my faves out of that list and I might order a couple and stick them under the Christmas tree for myself.  Then in February when all our thoughts are turning to springtime I could get the florals like Osmanthus.

Do any of you know if they ever have sales?  I'm on the site looking for how to sign up for an e-newsletter to get notifications of things like that, but I'm not one to sign up for.

I did find this for you bulk buyers:

Do you offer price breaks on bulk quantities of oil?

For those wishing to purchase larger quantities of a single fragrance, our bulk-pricing policy is as follows for our flavor, fragrance, and essential oils:   

1. 4-9 pounds of a single oil -- 5% discount off the 1-pound price 

2. 10-24 pounds of a single oil -- 10% discount off the 1-pound price

3. Entire 25-pound pail/can of a single oil -- 15% discount off the 1-pound price

Please note that purchase of an entire pail/can of oil may entail a delay of 1-3 weeks (although in many cases we are able to ship right away).  These discounts (as well as all prices) are subject to change at any time without notice.

Edited by Darbla

This company is only 15 min. from me, have ordered from them numerous times over the years as they allow me to pick up my order (just have to pay tax).  I have not seen any sales from the company unfortunately.  I do like their oils, although they are pricey even with no shipping.  I love their lip balm base, very moisturizing and easy to work with. I did not like their MP soap base.   I wish they had sales, but I have never seen any.  I believe the woman who owned this company passed away, and her husband and kids are handling the company now, from what the husband told me the last time I stopped in.  I know many love their oils in soap, indicate that they stick and are long lasting.  I've found that some are light in my lotion, don't last as long as I'd like.  I've liked some in my melts, but haven't tested as many as I should.  

On 12/2/2018 at 11:04 AM, Darbla said:

@soshiegirl I'm so glad to hear that about Osmanthus (all of them, really).  That is a relatively rare FO.  I had already decided that if I didn't order anything else, Sapmoss and Lavender & Cedar would be my faves out of that list and I might order a couple and stick them under the Christmas tree for myself.  Then in February when all our thoughts are turning to springtime I could get the florals like Osmanthus.

Do any of you know if they ever have sales?  I'm on the site looking for how to sign up for an e-newsletter to get notifications of things like that, but I'm not one to sign up for.

I did find this for you bulk buyers:

Do you offer price breaks on bulk quantities of oil?

For those wishing to purchase larger quantities of a single fragrance, our bulk-pricing policy is as follows for our flavor, fragrance, and essential oils:   

1. 4-9 pounds of a single oil -- 5% discount off the 1-pound price 

2. 10-24 pounds of a single oil -- 10% discount off the 1-pound price

3. Entire 25-pound pail/can of a single oil -- 15% discount off the 1-pound price

Please note that purchase of an entire pail/can of oil may entail a delay of 1-3 weeks (although in many cases we are able to ship right away).  These discounts (as well as all prices) are subject to change at any time without notice.

I wish I could say they have sales but I have never seen one. 😢

• 2 weeks later...

Black Currant Rose Fragrance I have this scent and really love it. I don't find it to be like Diptyque though. I use it in wax melts in a blend. A little goes a long way for me 

Fig Fragrance This is so fruity-syrupy-sweet to me, it was nothing like I thought it would be. I can't think of how else to describe this. I made a tester in wax and it was strong, just not what I was looking for at the time. 

Frankincense & Myrrh Fragrance - Haven't put this in wax but it smells good OOB. I don't really know what a true Frank&Myrrh scent is supposed to smell like though. 

Hotel Costes (type) Fragrance I do not understand this scent. It is beyond strong and beyond perfumey. I used it at 4.5 or 5% and it was so strong in a wax melt that it gave me a headache. I didn't really like the scent profile so I haven't bothered to try to make a blend or do anything else with it. One day...maybe. (I'm taking suggestions 🤑)

Midnight in Tunisia Fragrance Interesting scent. Kind of powdery OOB. I put it in wax at maybe 5% and recall that I liked it but for whatever reason, didn't continue working with it (yet. But I will, eventually)

Molton Brown Naran Ji (type) Fragrance Very nice scent - same as above though. I really need to get to my SweetCakes oils. This post is actually giving me anxiety now that I'm going down the list lol. 

Nectarine Blossom & Honey (Jo Malone type) Fragrance I don't recall if I put this one in wax. Nice scent though. Not that it counts for anything but I get some clean "green" notes OOB so I have high hopes for this one for sure. 

Sandalwood Fragrance    (interesting sounding blend suggested with this). I've used this in blends and I like it. Kind of a dry woody-type scent to me though. I have no idea what an ideal sandalwood or true sandalwood scent would be but I do like this one. 

True Rose Fragrance This is their Rose scent I have and I really like it. It's not too powdery to my nose, which is a problem with a few Rose scents I've tried. I've used it by itself and in blends. 

Tuberose Deluxe Fragrance Oh boy, another one I bought and haven't used. Might as well have just lit my money on fire! Very nice OOB though, maybe a little more on the sweet side than I was expecting. Most of their scents are really beautiful in wax though, so I will get to this one....eventually!

Woodsmoke Fragrance - Alright now I'm really going to just light my money on fire. OOB smells great, never put it in wax. 

That all being said, I LOVE their Champaca & Bamboo and use it all the time. I think it would be great in lotions and soaps too but I only work with melts for the most part. Oceania is really strong, I use it by itself and in blends. New Mown Hay is kind of perfumey to me and not really what I've smelled when driving through the country and getting whiffs of new mown hay, but it's really nice in a Hay blend I've made. 

Two that I was truly disappointed in are Honey (smells like cat pee to me, I'm sorry to say) and Cappuccino (I can not get any decent throw with this scent). Totally just my opinion and I've asked others about the Honey and most people disagree. I can't get past it though. 

I LOVE sweetcakes 

they are pricey but just worth it IMO...now I haven’t ordered in a long while due to STILL working on a new wax I like so I’m not sure if they have been affected with having to reformulate as well but I would imagine so 

I use hotel costes- I love love this scent, its very different and mysterious intriguing 

champaca and bamboo is the bomb of clean and green out there I have found so far - we’ll dine grass Wsp is right up there also

margarita is so realistic in a candle it isn’t even funny- you smell the lime and the salt and tequila with zero fuel in soy

red currant votivo is another amazing fresh clean strong scent 

Woodsmoke is a must for the perfect blender in woodsy type scents 

Angel is amazing and exactly like the perfume 

lilac is strong ans realistic no powder or perfume 

green Irish tweed is a very nice scent but I found it kinda weak along with northwoods, olive blossom and clean 

lavender and herbs smelled weird to me and I don’t think I tried the others you listed 

milk and honey I think it is is also very weak