Mill Creek ... any suggestions?

birdcharm

I was looking around for a maple scent and found myself at Mill Creek.  They have a few scents that would help round out my selection this year.  I read some reviews of a few of their scents ("High Cotton" was given good reviews as well as some others, but not ones I'm looking for) ... I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with some of the following ...

Spiced Cranberry 033
Cranberry, orange, and pomegranate combined with cinnamon, clove and vanilla blended together to create this top selling favorite.

Spiced Plum 119
Rich, plump, purple plums are accented with sun ripped blackberries and juicy grapes enveloped in spicy undertones containing cinnamon bark, ground clove and vanilla spice. Body Safe, FP212

Warm Vanilla Oak 197
Warm, rich, wood fragrance combines bottom notes of sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla, and raspberry with mid notes of violet, eucalyptus, spicy cinnamon and clove, with light top notes of orange and bergamot. Great scent!   Body Safe. FP165

White Pine 050
Holiday tradition of finding the perfect Christmas tree.  Incredible deep Northwood evergreen scent that guys love. Body Safe. FP200

Grated Nutmeg 074
Warm spice blend with nutmeg, cinnamon and clove. Popular home scent year-round. FP200

Twigs & Berries 134
Mountain berries, raspberries, peaches, plums, tangerines and ripe figs. The heart blends fresh lilacs, blue violets, hyacinth, sweet pine and woody cedar. The base is oak moss, musk, vanilla, woody vetiver. Body Safe. FP194

Vermont Maple Sugar 063
Creamy sweet vanilla is blended with rich maple and warm toasted pecans that makes you want to say 'bring on the pancakes! Body Safe. FP147

Cinnamon Sticks 011
Full bodied, hot cinnamon aroma that is an excellent housewarming scent.  FP200

Mineral Springs 196
Spa inspired of ozone notes blended with fresh ginger, notes of jasmine, leafy greens, musk, sandalwood finishing with a splash of zesty lemon. Body Safe, FP 180

Balsam & Spice 004
Delightful spicy pine with a top note of sweet orange, cinnamon and clove.  The heart is warm pine with lavender, pimento berry, eucalyptus and cedar. The base is a fir balsam musk. Commonly renamed Christmas Past for the holidays. Body Safe. FP169

Mint Candy Cane 026
A blast of true peppermint, sure to awaken the senses. Excellent scent for your holiday line and your bath and body products.
Body Safe. FP200

Thanks in advance for any pointers!

(scent page)

Edited by birdcharm
to fix hotlink

I like a lot of Mill Creek FO's but Vermont Maple Sugar was very light to me in soy wax, as was Butter Rum Crunch.

I personally did not like the scent of Twigs & Berries.  I do have samples of Grated Nutmeg and Spiced Plum and I like them OOB.  

The FO's I have used and really like are:

High Cotton - one of my favorite Cotton smells

Backroads - This one is good and unique.  A dupe of YC Storm Watch

Grandma's Kitchen - Good Apple Spice

Seaside - Haven't had this one for awhile because I ordered Ocean scents elsewhere, but it's one of the best Oceans, and I should have stuck with it.

Chestnuts & Brown Sugar - Totally different from JS Chestnuts & Brown Sugar.  Not as buttery but I like both

Harvest Spice - One of my favorite Cinnamon Spice scents

Hillbilly Homebrew - another good spicy scent

Splendid Butter Pecan - out of this one, but I liked it

Southern Hospitality - Juniper Breeze Type

Bayberry - Nice Christmas Fragrance

I haven't bought many of those you asked about.  

• Like 1

Hi Gail,

Thanks for the information about the maple!  I only use Twigs & Berries as a mixer ... that scent seems to be a little odd by itself, regardless of the supplier!   I may try the Nutmeg and Spiced Plum.  Also thanks for your description of Harvest Spice and Hillbilly Homebrew.  I've got to get into my scent closet and do some sniffing before I can order anything from any place, but I'm trying to get some of my thoughts in order, so you're reply has helped! 

@birdcharm, You're welcome. I just pulled out my box of MC samples and I do have a sample of Spiced Cranberry. wish I was better at describing FO's for people.  I smell the spices and the orange.  It is good OOB, totally different from Spiced Plum. I smell the plum more than the spice, but I like it.

I have other samples that you didn't ask about:  I've only smelled them OOB

Butt Naked - too cherry for me

Amish Quilt - Mostly Apple Spice to me, but good.  

Autumn Leaves - has that earthy smell in with the fruit

Vanilla Chai - Not sure about this one.  Probably wouldn't buy a large size, I like Flaming's Chai which is cinnamony

Home & Hearth - good if you like a little smokiness, which I really don't

Satin Sheets - Pretty nice, it's a clean scent

Little Black Dress - Don't know about this one either.  Really unique

Raspberry Guava - I would like to buy this one someday for summer.  Really like it

Green Bamboo - I would also like this one for summer

One I didn't mention is Arctic Air.  I really like this one, so different.  I have burned it for myself, and bought a big bottle but haven't made any more.  Not sure if it would be a good seller.

Japanese Cherry Blossom is wonderful in soap, but I don't like it in candles.  I have used Mango Papaya and Monkey Farts before and liked them both.  Also Cozy Home is a good strong spiced apple.

I don't like the sample of Flirt I have at all.  Old lady perfume.  Wait, I'm an old lady.  I should like it.

Let's see what else.  Pear & Vanilla Bean is a little light, but I like it.  I got Cinnamon Ginger once when it was on sale, and I think it has a weird smell.

• Like 2

have used these:

Pears and berries-good

passionate kisses-loved this

berry crème brulee-strong, blow your socks off

honeysuckle vine-nice floral

magenta nectar-my favorite, never sold well though

Edited by Karen M
  • Like 1

@GailC and @Karen M.... thanks much for the tips!  I haven't put together an order yet.  I guess I should just try to get some samples sometime.  I was hoping that they use that smaller Regional Box so I could add a couple of items that are a bit larger, but they don't use it.  The regular flat rate box is much bigger, so I would need to build my order more to fill the box better and I'm not there right now, but I will certainly keep these notes for possible future reference!

One that I didn’t see mentioned was Fireside Musk.  All year round scent IMO.

Fireside Musk 203 
Curl up by the fire with this blend of warm sandalwood, patchouli, vanilla and light musk that form the base for mid notes of violet and, jasmine and mingle with light citrus top notes. 

• Like 1

• 3 years later...

I found this post in my quest to see if Millcreek was still operating - been going through my embarrassing amount of fragrance oils and found 1 big bottle of hardly any left artic air…..omg I love this scent, it was a dream back when I used 415 and I can’t believe I didn’t even know I had any left 

I seriously assumed they were oob like so many other suppliers I used over 10 years ago 

I was just on their site and contemplating getting some more arctic air …..last thing I need is more fragrance seeing I’m cleaning out crap I didn’t even know I had 🤦‍♀️ BUT this was such a good one 

Are there recent users of this company out there with coconut wax or apricot wax …. I’m not going to put the cart before the horse this time around 😂

Edited by moonshine