Fragrance prices

ShelleyF

I am curious if anyone knows the answer to this. I see on FB destash candle groups a lot of members are asking more than the suppliers for fragrance oils and other things. Why is that? lol I would never pay more for used stuff lol but people line up all the time to buy. I have bought cheap from people before though that really don't want their stuff but to pay more than the company? It is weird to me. 

I've never seen anyone try to sell for more than they originally paid but I have seen people selling FO for the same they paid which I don't understand.  It's been used in most cases.  I just sold a bunch of FO's for really cheap just to get rid of them.   I don't buy fragrances from others, with the exception of bulk buy groups. 

• Like 1

I have bought most of my stuff from destashes. I have bought really nice stuff and usually get it around 80- 90% off. I pray a lot and I have gotten some really nice stuff. I searched daily for new stuff to buy lol I won't pay a lot of money but I look for people who just want it gone. 

• Like 1

I know what you mean @ShelleyF.  I've seen those FB groups too. Funny they call them" de-stash" groups, but more like "make a profit groups", lol.  I would never buy used for more than original price, but I noticed the shipping is usually less than you'd pay from the original, so maybe people figure it's worth it for 1 or 2 bottles?  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, franu61 said:

I know what you mean @ShelleyF.  I've seen those FB groups too. Funny they call them" de-stash" groups, but more like "make a profit groups", lol.  I would never buy used for more than original price, but I noticed the shipping is usually less than you'd pay from the original, so maybe people figure it's worth it for 1 or 2 bottles?  

That is exactly what I thought it was a profit group. I could never do that to people. I feel like people who do candles and melts and other similar items should be like friendship groups. Helping each other as much as they can. Not saying I'm going to charge you 150% for this.

• Like 1

On 8/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, ShelleyF said:

That is exactly what I thought it was a profit group. I could never do that to people. I feel like people who do candles and melts and other similar items should be like friendship groups. Helping each other as much as they can. Not saying I'm going to charge you 150% for this.

Those groups are so frustrating. Some have cracked down, others not so much. As long as you know the prices you are willing to pay, no harm no foul I suppose. 

• Like 2

On 8/29/2018 at 7:11 PM, Scented said:

Do the prices look like their recouping shipping in the cost?

It looks like they are sometimes but then they charge you more for shipping. One lady said her oils are 2-3 years old and she priced according to that. No. Her prices were still more than brand new. 

2 hours ago, Scented said:

Well they could be trying to recoup the shipping they paid and then of course paying for their shipping to you or the next buyer. 

I don't know what they are doing but I don't buy from them. lol I'm looking for a deal. I will never pay more than brand new for used stuff. But some people do pay it. At first I thought it was hard to find scents but that wasn't the case lol

2 hours ago, Scented said: