Ambitious week (for me)

Jcandleattic

On my vacation I plan on getting caught up on my production for this fall so the rest of my weekends I can just continue to build without feeling behind. 

I know some of you do this much a DAY but not me, so these plans are super ambitious for me. 

I ant to make at least 5 cases of container candles, at least 20-25 pillars, at least 15-20 loaves of soap, and if I get all that done maybe make some lotions. We'll see. 

I already have 1 case of candles made and 2 loaves of soap this morning. I've been in such production mode, I forgot to take pictures. *sigh* maybe as I continue I'll remember. 

Whate is everyone else doing this 4th of July week/weekend? 

Another case of candles down, and I have enough masterbatch to make 3 more batches of soap. I've placed an order for more oils so I can make some more masterbatch, but it probably won't be in until the end of this week or next week. 

Most likely doing nothing for the 4'th....I made 36 jars of candles today for my orchard account.  Then I ran out of wax.  Can't believe I did...well I knew I was going to run out and just lolly gagged around.   Sent in my order to Flaming at 2:30 and it went out the door 1/2 hour later.   Flaming is a 1 day delivery to me, so I will have tomorrow night.   Think I'll make a roast on the 4'th - one of those pork loin roasts that are so butter tender.  I'll put on the grill.  Then relax and watch the Hallmark channel...oh yeah,.....can't believe yesterday when I put that channel on the Christmas shows are now started on Hallmark!  And all repeats from last year!  And they will run all the way till Christmas...geesh, just got out of spring and getting into summer and now have to think about Christmas...dang!

Trappeur

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

@Trappeur, I couldn't even think about watching Christmas shows right now! I'm having such a hard time getting up the enthusiasm to burn my test candles for fall and Christmas, and I know I need to get  these dialed in by the end of the summer.

@Jcandleattic, that is very ambitious! Are the soaps repeats or something new? 

• Like 1

Forgot to say that I am still in the throes of testing the palm wax, so I need to pour yet more testers this week. A whole new wax, two new containers, and a bunch of new fragrances for the fall... What was I thinking? 😂😂

I mentioned to my husband the other day that I don't sell a lot of candles, and he said "Really?!? Because you're always making them!" 😆

At least my operation is so small that a case is the most I pour at one time, and usually it's divided into three fragrances, lol.

And my girlfriend brought over several big apothecary jars that she wanted me to refill for her, so that's on my docket too. That will be with my easy paraffin blend though, so no big deal.

We're not doing much for the holiday I don't think. MD is in the middle of a heatwave, so everyone is hiding inside with the A/C on high. My poor hubby has to work, bike patrol this afternoon for the big celebration in the city. 😭 Mandatory shift for all officers, and I feel so bad, it's going to be miserable for them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sarah S said:

@Jcandleattic, that is very ambitious! Are the soaps repeats or something new? 

These were all new - I rarely repeat soaps. I have like 3 that I keep that are repeats the rest are always something new. and mostly spring/summer scents. I did do a couple Christmas ones, but in soaps, those type of scents rarely ever sell, so I make very few of those. 

The candles, that's different. Usually those are mostly fall/Christmas scents, because that's the only time I ever do shows, and those scents sell well, but I also make a lot of spring/summer type candles. 

I've been working with palm now about 2-3 years, heavily testing in the last year or so and I think I finally have most of the wicking down. Every now and then a pillar will give me a problem, but that's because I refuse to use several different series of wicks. LOL I'd rather dump a scent than change wick series. 

As of today what I got done (I did not meet my goal, but I did get quite a bit done) = 

2 cases 5oz container candles

4 cases 16oz container candles

8 loaves of soap (as much masterbatch as I had) 

and only 5 pillars. 

I will be making more candles tomorrow and waiting for my oils to come in so I can make some masterbatch, to make more soap. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

wow wish I could get motivated but it's hard in our busy season to get anything done other than working in the stores!

I was on vacation or else it wouldn't have gotten done at all. :)