The Candlemakers Store FO specials

wow there is some nice deals on there.  There is 4 fragrances that (edited) that i would be interested in if i knew i would like them.  Cedar, blackberry, honeysuckle, and oven baked apple pie.  So tempted to buy some of those.

Edited by Scented
  • Like 1

I didn't care for the Apple Berry. I bought it a few years ago so don't know if it's still the same or not. I can't stand Mom's Baby Powder.  But my cousin loves it and has ordered several candles from me. I wasn't crazy about Citrus OOB so I haven't used it yet. But you can't always tell just by sniffing the bottle.  The best special I have bought from there so far is Botanical Breeze (no longer available though).  I let it sit on the shelf for 2 or 3 years before I put it in wax, and it was really good.  

I use Granny's Pumpkin Pie for a mixer.  I like Bergamot and Cotton Candy OOB but again, I haven't put them in wax yet.  Blackberry is OK OOB, I want to blend it with something.

• Like 1

I just got my order.  Of the 4 bottles 3 seem decent oob but 1 was not what i expected.  Of these Cedar, blackberry, honeysuckle, and oven baked apple pie all but cedar smell pretty good oob but cedar i had to smell a few times and never could tell it was cedar.  To me honeysuckle smelled just like what we had growing in the backyard of our old house.

Edited by ncraiders

The ones I have used & really love .

Italian creme cake

Cranberry cobbler

Spearmint 

First bloom

Blackberry sage

I have about 20 more to put into the wax .The ones I listed are super strong & smell Wonderful in my wax .If your looking for a wonderful cedar ,try Flamings redwood& cedar .This one is spot on & super strong 😀

• 2 weeks later...

Some of the specials and freebies I've tried and liked were -

Granny's Pumpkin Pie -used as a mixer
Blackberry Cobbler-used as a mixer and on it's own , I use as one of my vineyard scents
Birthday Cake-great mixer
Golden Apple-used as a mixer w/ gingerbread
Iced Cookies-used as a mixer
Pine-used as a mixer
Country Clothesline-use on it's own, great clean laundry scent

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, lovelyscents said:

Bummer, I guess half do and half don't as I scroll through their list. 

I've noticed that some FO's have very basic scent descriptions now.  They have over 1000 scents, so maybe it's taking a decade or so to give them all scent descriptions.  :) 

I called them a few months ago to let them know I had reviewed an FO and the review never did show up.  So they fixed that.  The reviews are very sparse as it is.

• Like 1

Yes, I agree Gail!  I emailed them not too long ago and told them many crafters skip over their scents due to lack of descriptions.  They told me to email them specific ones I want info on if need be.  I'm thinking you're probably right, just taking forever to get them all listed.

Edited by lovelyscents