Crackling and popping

Hello I was wondering if anyone has ever had this problem it's the 1st for me and I don't know why...

I'm trying to make these beer candles and when I tested them as soon as I lit them it crackled and made a popping sound what would cause that to happen? How do I fix it? I burned for a 2nd time and only did it when I lit it and burned nicely afterwards...

IMG_20180125_080210.jpg

IMG_20180125_080255.jpg

Well it's possible water from that pan got into your pour pot. How you fix that in that candle would take a bit of work as in separating your wax, melting it down, pour into say a pan lined with aluminum foil, let harden, peel wax from foil. If there was water it will be at the bottom in the form of beads. Dry everything and try again ... or you toss everything and start again, which would be the easiest to do. 

If you don't see any water, it could have been something that was just trapped in your wax or a defect in that part of wax you used. I guess just see if it repeats itself. 

Now something that used to drive me nuts was water getting into the pour pots. Before you color I would suggest eyeing your wax for any shiny beads in it ... that's the water. Don't pour it into a candle. 

The water in pan we call the double boiler method whether you use an actual double boiler or a regular pan with water in it. Hope that clarifies that.

What I hated about using the double boiler method is no matter how hard I tried I always ended up with a bit of water in with the wax. That's why I am pretty sure its water in your wax.

• Like 2