Inkscape Label Design

Jeana

I use a range of products for different elements of my labels. Microsoft office products are pretty handy,and easy, if you are already using them.  

Gimp is useful to modify clip art or other images, like to layer and create transparent backgrounds.

powerpoint I use to layer other items, like text over gradient backgrounds as it is second nature to me. I use very old versions of ms office, so I think word can do he same now, my version cannot. 

Word is super easy easy to create sheets of the same label.

9 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I use a range of products for different elements of my labels. Microsoft office products are pretty handy,and easy, if you are already using them.  

Gimp is useful to modify clip art or other images, like to layer and create transparent backgrounds.

powerpoint I use to layer other items, like text over gradient backgrounds as it is second nature to me. I use very old versions of ms office, so I think word can do he same now, my version cannot. 

Word is super easy easy to create sheets of the same label.

I've tried so many time to do labels in word. I can't get the hang of it at all. I keep going back to my VERY old label program I've been using for years. It's such a limited program though. I didn't think of using powerpoint for the gradient backgrounds. Something to think about. 

10 hours ago, Shari said:

I had never heard of it until now.  Gimp is what I've been toying with.  I stink at labels though.  I know many use the program Maestro that comes free with a purchase from www.onlinelabels.com

I downloaded Gimp. It's a little intimidating. And I tried Maestro before. I have one of those printers that won't line up with the template, so I usually print on full sheet and cut them myself. I want to get away from that now. 

I'm not super good at labels, but one thing that helps me for design and content ideas is to go into stores and take notes on what I like and don't like on the labels of products similar to what I'm trying to label. It helps me to be more creative, and has helped my labels look more professional on content. I've got a long way to go on the actual labels themselves though. (Printing and shape)

• Like 1