What scents are you working on now that the holidays are over?

1 hour ago, sandy511 said:

Gail, where did you get your “Peaceful Patchouli”?

I got it at Aztec.  Have had it a few years; it's just been sitting on a shelf.  But one of my best customers asked for some Patchouli. It's supposed to be "a fun lighter twist" on Patchouli. 

• Like 1

MMMM - all these ideas smell so good.

I am so bummed. I placed an order with Aztec for the first time, including scents such as Cantaloupe & Lily, Raspberry Lemonade, & Coconut Lime Breeze - and when they arrived the top was loose on the Cantaloupe. It had leaked all over the bag! I just emailed them with pictures. Hoping they at least replace the Cantaloupe. 

I'm looking forward to surprising my daughter with a Blood Orange candle. She LOVES Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange perfume. In fact, if anyone knows of a good dupe, please let me know. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GailC said:

I got it at Aztec.  Have had it a few years; it's just been sitting on a shelf.  But one of my best customers asked for some Patchouli. It's supposed to be "a fun lighter twist" on Patchouli. 

It is very nice & a smooth Patchouli .I am not a Patch fan ,but do happen to love this one .

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, KateR said:

MMMM - all these ideas smell so good.

I am so bummed. I placed an order with Aztec for the first time, including scents such as Cantaloupe & Lily, Raspberry Lemonade, & Coconut Lime Breeze - and when they arrived the top was loose on the Cantaloupe. It had leaked all over the bag! I just emailed them with pictures. Hoping they at least replace the Cantaloupe. 

I'm looking forward to surprising my daughter with a Blood Orange candle. She LOVES Pacifica Tuscan Blood Orange perfume. In fact, if anyone knows of a good dupe, please let me know. 

Aztec will make it right with the leak.They have Wonderful customer service .

• Like 1

12 hours ago, GailC said:

@katmeltswax I agree about Candlewic's Spice. What a weird scent it is!  Certainly not your usual spicy fragrance.   It was so cheap I thought I could at least use it for a mixer, but I doubt I'll ever try.

I do like many of Candlewic's FO's however.  Berry Tangerine is one of my very favorite fragrances.  

Speaking of The Candlemaker's Store, I reviewed one of their FO's, Snow Cream.  They never did post the review.  I keep meaning to call them about that.  I have noticed that some of their FO's have short scent descriptions now, so that's something at least.

Gail the Snow cream sounds good .How would you describe this one ? I like many from CMS & wish they would have more descriptions .Love the Christmas on the Beach scent ,lots of pineapple & other notes that smell great together .I use it for Summer & rename lol

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jbradshaw said:

I have a white tea ginger from somewhere that is very nice OOB that I want to try - it might mix well with a pear as someone was looking for a ginger pear. 

I'll take that into consideration, definitely! I have WTG, which we use straight up, but it just might become friendly with a pear fragrance I have as well. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, katmeltswax said:

Gail the Snow cream sounds good .How would you describe this one ? I like many from CMS & wish they would have more descriptions .Love the Christmas on the Beach scent ,lots of pineapple & other notes that smell great together .I use it for Summer & rename lol

Snow cream is a vanilla mint.  Kind of reminds me of butter mint.  My daughter likes very few fragrances, and this is one she does.  It sold pretty well over the holidays.  Easy to change the name of this one too once it quits snowing.  :) 

Another FO I really like from CMS is Bamboo Rainforest.  A clean, green scent.  

I really haven't bought a lot of FO from them. Mostly jars and wax because sometimes I drive there.   When I go, sometimes I get the specials, which aren't so special.  :) Well there was one that smelled much better in wax than OOB, actually quite good.  But they don't carry it anymore.

The free ones with $100 purchase are very limited, and nothing spectacular.  I like a couple for mixers.

But I wrote down several I really liked when I smelled samples last time I was there, so I'm going to order some soon.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, GailC said:

Snow cream is a vanilla mint.  Kind of reminds me of butter mint.  My daughter likes very few fragrances, and this is one she does.  It sold pretty well over the holidays.  Easy to change the name of this one too once it quits snowing.  :) 

Another FO I really like from CMS is Bamboo Rainforest.  A clean, green scent.  

I really haven't bought a lot of FO from them. Mostly jars and wax because sometimes I drive there.   When I go, sometimes I get the specials, which aren't so special.  :) Well there was one that smelled much better in wax than OOB, actually quite good.  But they don't carry it anymore.

The free ones with $100 purchase are very limited, and nothing spectacular.  I like a couple for mixers.

But I wrote down several I really liked when I smelled samples last time I was there, so I'm going to order some soon.

I have Sweet Melon as my free one from well over a year now .It smells very sweet oob ,reminds me I really need to get a sample into the wax. It has a sugary melon aroma ,seems more sugar syrup than melon .I can always use it in bath bombs this summer if wax test fails .I am placing a order now .I have been wanting to try Secret Waterfall ,Dancing Waters ,Wedding Cake ,Soft Blanket ,Cherries on the Snow ,Vanilla Lime and Caramel pecan Pie. I will definitely throw in Snow cream .Aztecs Twisted peppermint is a bit on the light side .I love their Italian creme cake & Campfire S'mores Treat ,super strong throw in my paraffin blend .Geez wished I lived close enough to go sniff .CMS has a huge inventory of oils .I usually always purchase Grade A for best performance .Thanks Gail 😀

• Like 1

@katmeltswax, The Candlemaker's Store has about 250 sample bottles available to sniff out of their 1000+ inventory.  But someone told me once if I wanted to smell a particular fragrance to let them know beforehand and they would have it available for me to smell. I live about 2 hours and 20 minutes from them.

You are brave to order scents like Secret Waterfall,  it sounds good but who knows with no scent description.  :)  I also have the Sweet Melon but have never used it.  I might try to blend it someday with a scent that's tart or even a floral.  I have found that I like fruit and floral together sometimes.  Like Cantaloupe & Lily from Aztec.  Italian Creme Cake sounds good.

Here are the ones I wrote down after I smelled them,  as possibilities to order.

Hot Maple Toddy

Fresh Strawberry

Lavender Fields

Mocha Cappuccino

Oak Moss

Raspberry Creamy

Cedarwood

Cedarwood Spice

Woodberry

Cloves

Coffee Caramel

Coffee Fresh Ground

Bamboo Lime

Once I got home and checked out the prices per pound though, that knocked some off my list.  I don't like to pay more than $20 a pound at the most when other suppliers have good FO's in the $15 range.

I have Woodberry and Lavender Fields in my cart for whenever I'm ready to order again.  I may wait until warmer weather and make a trip there.  They carry the wax I use. I also definitely want Bamboo Lime.  Woodberry was very unique and guess what?  They actually have a scent description:  Fruity bouquet with notes of jasmine and rose combine to form a deliciously fragrant candle making oil.  Ah, maybe that's why I liked it; fruit and floral

Edited by GailC
  • Like 2

@katmeltswax, The Candlemaker's Store has about 250 sample bottles available to sniff out of their 1000+ inventory.  But someone told me once if I wanted to smell a particular fragrance to let them know beforehand and they would have it available for me to smell. I live about 2 hours and 20 minutes from them.

You are brave to order scents like Secret Waterfall,  it sounds good but who knows with no scent description.  :)  I also have the Sweet Melon but have never used it.  I might try to blend it someday with a scent that's tart or even a floral.  I have found that I like fruit and floral together sometimes.  Like Cantaloupe & Lily from Aztec.  Italian Creme Cake sounds good.

Here are the ones I wrote down after I smelled them,  as possibilities to order.

Hot Maple Toddy

Fresh Strawberry

Lavender Fields

Mocha Cappuccino

Oak Moss

Raspberry Creamy

Cedarwood

Cedarwood Spice

Woodberry

Cloves

Coffee Caramel

Coffee Fresh Ground

Bamboo Lime

Once I got home and checked out the prices per pound though, that knocked some off my list.  I don't like to pay more than $20 a pound at the most when other suppliers have good FO's in the $15 range.

I have Woodberry and Lavender Fields in my cart for whenever I'm ready to order again.  I may wait until warmer weather and make a trip there.  They carry the wax I use. I also definitely want Bamboo Lime.  Woodberry was very unique and guess what?  They actually have a scent description:  Fruity bouquet with notes of jasmine and rose combine to form a deliciously fragrant candle making oil.  Ah, maybe that's why I liked it; fruit and floral

Woodberry sounds good ,have my oils in the cart ,now you have me wanting to try this one .I chose Chocolate covered Berry along with CC cherry for Valentine's ,have heard great reviews on the both of these .Secret Waterfall is a Bath& Body Works dupe ,hope it is a good one .

• Like 2

Hot Maple Toddy

Fresh Strawberry

Lavender Fields

Mocha Cappuccino

Oak Moss

Raspberry Creamy

Cedarwood

Cedarwood Spice

Woodberry

Cloves

Coffee Caramel

Coffee Fresh Ground

Bamboo Lime

Speaking of wax I have ordered 4630 from Aztec , Flaming and Candlemakers ,all 3 are different .Flamings is much harder than Aztec and hard to cut & CMS is the softest ,almost greasy like .I prefer the softest because it is easier to work with.Shipping is real close in price for all 3 companies .Also all claim to be IGA so this is kinda confusing .

• Confused 1

3 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

Speaking of wax I have ordered 4630 from Aztec , Flaming and Candlemakers ,all 3 are different .Flamings is much harder than Aztec and hard to cut & CMS is the softest ,almost greasy like .I prefer the softest because it is easier to work with.Shipping is real close in price for all 3 companies .Also all claim to be IGA so this is kinda confusing .

That is strange.  My GW444 is the same no matter who I order it from.

• Like 1

On 1/4/2018 at 1:00 PM, jbradshaw said:

Oh man...I think I might end up skipping everything until spring/summer scents. Our whole family has been sick and we just moved and it feels overwhelming to even set foot in my workroom lol

But all of these ideas are making me want to get pouring! I had ordered a ton of Fragrance Buddy 1oz to check out, as well as a few from NG and I haven't even unboxed them! 

I have a white tea ginger from somewhere that is very nice OOB that I want to try - it might mix well with a pear as someone was looking for a ginger pear. 

I did a white tea and ginger from cw that is AHHHMAZING IMO 

11 hours ago, GailC said:

That is strange.  My GW444 is the same no matter who I order it from.

Gail it is IGI ,made a typo error with my last post .Yes all 3 have like a different texture.I don't understand this at all. I can barely get a knife thru Flamings & can cut right thru CMS ,Aztec is kinda in between.I find this strange because all of the wax is labeled 4630 so idk.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Trappeur said:

I know Little Light!   Good to see and hear from you.  May this New Year be a better one for you and me too....:hello:

Trappeur

Trapp ,Lol I have my Christmas Story pic posted for you .It's under How long do you leave your Christmas decor up .Not sure how to tell ya to find it. I know you will ,I am not to great with the site yet . Hope you find it ,so funny😀😀😀 I posted it last week.

3 hours ago, ThisLittleLightOfMine said:

Do you folks ever experience your FO going bad if not us3d within a certain amout of time? And if so, what's the life at a FO will last?

I think most oils have a shelf life of 2 years ,if kept in a cool dark place .I have had some with vanilla go bad alot faster .

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ThisLittleLightOfMine said:

Do you folks ever experience your FO going bad if not us3d within a certain amout of time? And if so, what's the life at a FO will last?

I've had a few. I think some suppliers stick a use-within-the-year for best quality but there are scents that I have that are up to 10 years old and working just fine. How you store fragrances will be one way of  maybe prolonging the  life, but that life isn't really definable. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ThisLittleLightOfMine said:

I have many FO's that are several years old.  Since 2009, I've only thrown out a couple that started smelling 'off'.  

I'd be in deep trouble if FO's went bad after a couple of years.  There's no way I could possibly use all I have in that amount of time.  :)

• Like 2

On 1/6/2018 at 11:28 AM, GailC said:

I have many FO's that are several years old.  Since 2009, I've only thrown out a couple that started smelling 'off'.  

I'd be in deep trouble if FO's went bad after a couple of years.  There's no way I could possibly use all I have in that amount of time.  :)

Awesome thank you!

On 1/6/2018 at 12:28 PM, GailC said:

Been in that deep trouble. I wish I could remember the supplier who popped a year expiration date on their stuff and we let it sit till it did go bad, which was about 4 1/2 years.