Does anyone remember...

I found I have quite a few containers of the old Soap Crafters "double scented" fragrance oils so I had one called "Pipe Tobacco" duplicated and it came out great!  The fragrance level was right on and I can't wait to use it!  Does anyone remember using these so still have some in your "fragrance collection" like I do?

5 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

I don't have any but would like to know if the Pipe Tobacco smells anything like a cherry tobacco?  I remember one my uncle smoked in his pipe and it was the only tobacco scent I loved.  I've been on the hunt since to find one like it.

This one smells like pipe tobacco with a vanilla overtone.... quite nice!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StoneCottageSoapworksInc said:

I found I have quite a few containers of the old Soap Crafters "double scented" fragrance oils so I had one called "Pipe Tobacco" duplicated and it came out great!  The fragrance level was right on and I can't wait to use it!  Does anyone remember using these so still have some in your "fragrance collection" like I do?

What does that mean, "double scented"?   You use twice the load of fragrance of what the suggested scent load is?  Or is it just a marketing ploy?

Trappeur

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

What does that mean, "double scented"?   You use twice the load of fragrance of what the suggested scent load is?  Or is it just a marketing ploy?

Trappeur

It was not a "marketing ploy" as the scents are quite strong with a much higher percentage of fragrance to carrier oil than normal.  I use two of their scents at less than half the percentage of what I would normally use in my handcrafted soaps and their scent is quite strong and long lasting.  The best I can figure is that they sold them at this level until about 2004 or 2005 then switched to using a normal scent level in their offerings.  The price at the time was quite high but worth the cost because of the scent strength but might have been too high for some of the homecrafters budgets.

On 12/17/2017 at 9:22 AM, kandlekrazy said:

I don't have any but would like to know if the Pipe Tobacco smells anything like a cherry tobacco?  I remember one my uncle smoked in his pipe and it was the only tobacco scent I loved.  I've been on the hunt since to find one like it.

Santa's Pipe from WSP is a nice cherry tobacco.

• 3 weeks later...

All fragrance oils were stronger prior to everyone going phthalate free to suit the b&b industry.  Other old timers like me will remember Bert's Heaven Scent fragrance oils.  You couldn't touch the strength and quality of her oils....and man do I miss $9.99/lb :P  

For the person looking for Cherry Tobacco..... Indigo Fragrance Oil.  It's nothing short of amazing <3

On 1/4/2018 at 3:34 PM, number2of7 said:

All fragrance oils were stronger prior to everyone going phthalate free to suit the b&b industry.  Other old timers like me will remember Bert's Heaven Scent fragrance oils.  You couldn't touch the strength and quality of her oils....and man do I miss $9.99/lb :P  

For the person looking for Cherry Tobacco..... Indigo Fragrance Oil.  It's nothing short of amazing <3

An even better reason to have your favorite "old" scents duplicated!  Also the price is so much better than the current online prices for fragrance oils!