Homemade Scented Slime recipes?

Barefootgirl

I googled it and it seems to be something like home made playdough and is a big thing with kiddies.  But I can't imagine that fragrance oil would go into it especially with children making it.  I don't know...Maybe it is something else? 

Trappeur

There is a large market for it. Adults use it as a stress reliever as do kids. Kids use it more so to play with generally. Many makers add small trinkets in them and coordinate them with coloring and fragrance to establish a theme. Im not a slime user myself. One popular brand of homemade is Snoopslime....if you're  on Instagram search for her. She gets thousands of comments. Likewise she sells out quickly within minutes of her restock. 

Edited by Barefootgirl
Put back original words autocorrect changed that I just caught.

I just went on Instagram to check 

it out. Interesting. So how exactly is this made . I noticed on a YouTube video that showed ingredients like glue - borax ?

The way many young kiddos 

like to put things in their mouth 

would worry me . Amazing to me 

how some of the oddest things sell so well 😂😂

Seems clear glue is always the base...then either borax, contact solution, lotion, room air freshener etc are added. I agree the Ingreidents in some videos I've seen alarm me since surely some have to be absorbed Into your skin. I'm not great in chemistry but more less there is a catalyst used to activate the glue into slime and that's the need for other sometimes strange things added into the glue. I've seen a kit being sold from outside the US on Etsy to make your own and she more safe chemistry items rather than average store bought things. However, she doesn't fully disclose what or where to get other than from her. I just ranromly stumbled upon this slime thing the other day. I remember seeing a slime or two in toy departments when my kids were young. They never looked as mesmerising as some these days lol.  I thought my oldest son with Aspergers might like this as well as it perhaps be helpful for my anxiety when it flares up. I hopefully figure out a recipe that's approving to me lol. Im such a stickler on ingredients my family and I can use amd/or consume. 

• Like 1

Not sure what contact solution is ? room air freshener ???? Your right the ingredients do seem concerning to me, especially since I would think very young children 

is the target market ??? Yes, it does look cool but Im be kinda worried about buying this stuff and a child getting a terrible skin reaction or not washing hands 

throughly and then touching their eyes or mouth.