Updated soap pics.

RobinInOR

I was getting too many soaps that didn't have proper pics on my website, so I finally caught up:

Lemon Poppyseed (Peak Lemon Pound Cake) w/ not enough yellow oxide & poppyseeds & LogTown Rose (Peak Rose) that has gold mica veins you can't see.

WGlemonpoppy.jpgWGltrose.jpg

Sunflower (Peak Sunflower) w/ no color and sunflower petals, & Honeysuckle (Peak) my new favorite - no color, no nuttin, just scent.

WGsunflower.jpgWGhoneysuckle.jpg

Orange Blossom (Scent Works Neroli) chromium green oxide & Verbena (Sweekcakes Verbena) yellow oxide - the FO discolors light yellow.

WGorangebl.jpgWGverbena.jpg

Guess I was in the mood for light colored soaps. I like the way the ash outlined the green on the orange blossom.

LOL, those usually end up in the garbage - I'm not quite as energetic as your wonderful rebatches show.. Hmmm, but I've got some dogs around, let me go find them lol....

Here's the latest - my lavender honey I had such great hopes for. I'm not even going to try to trim it, it even smells bad.

post-8-139458376632_thumb.jpg

Thanks for sharing Robin. I do feel better. Last rebatch is in the microwave as we speak. I'll try something new (what a surprise) stay tuned. :rolleyes:

e

LOL, those usually end up in the garbage - I'm not quite as energetic as your wonderful rebatches show.. Hmmm, but I've got some dogs around, let me go find them lol....

Here's the latest - my lavender honey I had such great hopes for. I'm not even going to try to trim it, it even smells bad.

Um, maybe 1 ounce of honey per pound of oils was too much? :) That's 6% honey, I usually just do a tablespoon (about 3%) and that works fine.

I also poured as a slab, and I know slab pour + lavender + lower temps gives me major ash if I'm not careful. So maybe pouring as a log would help.

I love your soaps Robin just beautiful :) I'm still working on mine. I've tried your rice bran soap and love it since I'm not a fan of olive oil soaps. I'm going to try it with just a little olive oil though, maybe tweak it out a bit with some shea butter and whatever else comes to mind. I'm waiting on some more oils to arrive. Hopefully someday mine will look half as good as yours. You need a student???? LOL

WTG