Paraffin Wax

My guess is ... of course they do!

To tell you the truth, I bet it is still the medium of choice among many candle makers. 

I make soy candles and gel candles, but I'm never without some good old "regular wax" around for novelty candles, pillars, votives.

For me, coconut is too expensive; beeswax also for that matter, plus I think you need to have more patience than I do to work with it (although I do use it for lip balms); and I won't use palm wax -- so soy, gel, paraffin are my main waxes.

• Like 3

I think there are many successful thriving business that make paraffin candles - the key is to make an exceptional paraffin product that burns good without the black smokestack and smells great cold and hot 

All wax is going to soot, just some more than others 

Myself I prefer the veggies - I play around with parasoy and I'm getting to like it more and more but I wouldn't hesitate to buy an excellent paraffin candle - Mccalls I have few of and I Love them 

• Like 2

On 29/10/2017 at 8:32 AM, Terry said:

Wondering.....

In these day of soy, coconut, palm, beeswax -  Does anyone use paraffin wax alone and have a thriving business?

Yes, I have only ever used paraffin, and never soy or a parasoy (tried making my own once, hated it, went back to 100% paraffin) 

As long as your customers are educated as to the differences, without bias, they can make an educated choice based on that information. 

Honestly I find the soy fad fading in my area, and people are not as gung-ho to ask me always what my candles are made of. I never mislead my customers, and if they ask what my candles are made of, I proudly state they are made of paraffin wax with fragrance oils (not essential oils) that are specifically designed for the use in candles. I say it with pride and confidence, and that is usually good enough for those who ask. But as I said, in the last 3 years or so, I rarely get that question anymore. Maybe 1 out of every 15 people or so. If that. 

• Like 2

On 10/29/2017 at 9:32 AM, Terry said:

Wondering.....

In these day of soy, coconut, palm, beeswax -  Does anyone use paraffin wax alone and have a thriving business?

They are TONS of successful wax vendors who use all paraffin. 

• Like 1