Thankyou Candybee for your Christmas blend...

Trappeur

Candybee remember what you said you use for a Christmas blend with Balsam fir, candy cane, peppermint and vanilla??

Well I'm doing the blend now.   You pretty much went 50/50 from your post.

I did the q tip test and omg......love love this blend of yours.  But the candy cane and peppermint for me takes over pretty much the pine.  And also I ran out of the balsam fir so I bought a couple of pounds a couple weeks ago of BC "A northwoods christmas" which I'm using till I get the balsam from Fillmore. Northwoods Christmas is a blend of pine and I think it is cranberry but I have never smelled anything but the rich pine so I'm using this.    So what I've done is 50% northwoods, 20% candy cane, 20% North pole (Peppermint from Flaming) and 20% VBN from Flaming....omg....this is to die for!   Thankyou so very very much....omg this is going to be a favorite of mine.  I already ordered my labels and named it "Snow Farm"....Can't wait!   It's going

into 2 shops I sell to.   See my label?  thanks so much!:)

Trappeur

59f4e3e8321cd_snowfarm.thumb.jpg.7b01dc0ffe21e0a948ee5f91efbdbf00.jpg

• Like 5

I guess I should have mentioned go easy on the peppermint. When I blend I pretty much blend by my nose then write the % down. I was remembering that off the top of my head so the % may have been a little off but that 50/50% Candy Cane to Christmas Tree/Mistletoe I started with. I then added the french vanilla and peppermint until I got the right combo I liked. The peppermint I add last, just a little bit to bring out the mint in the candy cane. Candy cane and mistletoe mixed together make a fabulous blend too! That's what got me started was those two FOs. Then I just added what I thought would make it better.

Sounds like you have a winning blend. Have you burned a candle with it yet?

Glad you like the blend. That candy cane really makes the scent pop and smell snowy and chrismasy! I think it will make a lovely "Snow Farm" scent!

I think thats why I use Mistletoe because the peppermint can drown out the christmas tree scent. You have to have a strong pine type FO and that's why I like CS Mistletoe. CS Mistletoe has eucalyptus EO in it and that plus peppermint are a fabulous combo! So maybe you need a stronger pine type or some eucalyptus to bring out the smell of pine trees.

Did I mention next time I am going to make it with CS Mistletoe, CS Fraser Fir, and C&S Candy Cane. I will add the vanilla and peppermint as extra notes if need to bring out other subtle notes or to mellow the scent.

BTW-- your label is really cute!

Edited by Candybee

24 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I guess I should have mentioned go easy on the peppermint. When I blend I pretty much blend by my nose then write the % down. I was remembering that off the top of my head so the % may have been a little off but that 50/50% Candy Cane to Christmas Tree/Mistletoe I started with. I then added the french vanilla and peppermint until I got the right combo I liked. The peppermint I add last, just a little bit to bring out the mint in the candy cane. Candy cane and mistletoe mixed together make a fabulous blend too! That's what got me started was those two FOs. Then I just added what I thought would make it better.

Sounds like you have a winning blend. Have you burned a candle with it yet?

Glad you like the blend. That candy cane really makes the scent pop and smell snowy and chrismasy! I think it will make a lovely "Snow Farm" scent!

Nope haven't tested it yet...lol  And I ordered the labels without even knowing it's even going to work. ha!  Well that's me.   I just did a jar but definitely will be testing b/4 I even sell that is for sure....I just have confidence in you!;)

Trappeur.....  ok thanks for the mistletoe and candy cane....I have to get an order to CS and will get the mistletoe cause I need it anyway.....

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Candybee said:

I think thats why I use Mistletoe because the peppermint can drown out the christmas tree scent. You have to have a strong pine type FO and that's why I like CS Mistletoe. CS Mistletoe has eucalyptus EO in it and that plus peppermint are a fabulous combo! So maybe you need a stronger pine type or some eucalyptus to bring out the smell of pine trees.

Did I mention next time I am going to make it with CS Mistletoe, CS Fraser Fir, and C&S Candy Cane. I will add the vanilla and peppermint as extra notes if need to bring out other subtle notes or to mellow the scent.

BTW-- your label is really cute!

That's why I went with A NWood Christmas because it is very strong....Balsam fir is still strong but on the lighter side...but still my number 1 for a pine....I'll let you know how it turns out....

Trappeur

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Belinda said:

Those blends sound so wonderful for Christmas! I may have to try one of those and call it something on the farm or in the country. Maybe Christmas at the farm? I hate to steal Trapp's farm name but that sounds so darn cute! 

Belinda, you go for it if you like Snow Farm....You can use use any of my names...Don't worry one bit...I said the same thing to Candybee on one of her names and she said same thing to me to go for it,,,,,so you go for it too girlfriend!

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda, you go for it if you like Snow Farm....You can use use any of my names...Don't worry one bit...I said the same thing to Candybee on one of her names and she said same thing to me to go for it,,,,,so you go for it too girlfriend!

Trappeur

Thanks! I'll change it up some though. Maybe "snow on the farm".  I love snowy farm but I want that one to be unique to you! I do SO love your names and labels. Do you blend the oils at 50/50? OR did one kind of over take the other one?

I use the the blend for my line of Christmas candles. I first made it to be my "Sleigh Ride". Sometimes I call it Winter Wonderland too or simply Misteltoe & Christmas Tree. I think when I first made it I was inspired because I had just watched Polar Express and wanted a wintry, snowy fragrance candle.

• Like 1