In what other crafts do you dabble?

Crafty1_AJ

In addition to making soaps & candles, I also love to knit and crochet.  I've tried my hand at simple jewelry and dabbled in weaving.  

Last spring, AS IF I NEEDED ANOTHER HOBBY, my mom taught me how to quilt.  Yup, you guessed it -- I got hooked instantly on cutting up fabric into small pieces, only to sew it all back together again.  :rolleyes:  

My name should be Jill.  Jill of all Trades.  

What do you like to make / create in addition to waxy things and B&B? :) 

• Like 1

I crochet as well, and have been trying to teach myself how to knit (I can do *1* stitch really well, so I make wash clothes with that one stitch! LOL) 

I used to do ceramics & porcelain, and would love to learn to throw pottery as well, but not sure that will ever come. (will have to talk to TT if it ever does happen) 

I've made 1 quilt to date and would love to do more, but it's finding the time that's the problem for me. 

I've fallen in love with the adult coloring books lately too, so when watching TV, if I dont' feel like crocheting, I'll sit and color. (with markers, I can't just sit there and watch TV, I have to be doing something!) 

• Like 1

I'm not an expert at either quilting or crochet, but I do both, lol. 

My recent projects in crochet have been with a very large hook and strips of fabric for accent rugs; "quilting" -- if you can call it that, lol, has been some reversible vests for winter, which actually didn't turn out too badly.  As for the rugs, I've made many so far as I had some boxes of old clothes stored, so I went right to work ... knits really work nicely, but just about any fabrics in a color scheme that goes well together makes an interesting pattern.

I used to crochet a lot and quilt but my hands are bad now so I do very little of it.  I do still paint furniture, or pretty much anything I can slap some chalk paint on, stencil it or shabby it.  I'm working on scanning all pictures of my son and making him a CD for Christmas and if that works I'll do all my pictures.  I make sea glass necklaces and clay pendant necklaces that hold essential oil.  I also buy and sell antiques & vintage, not a craft but certainly a hobby and addiction, some does get repurposed into an entirely new item.

If you saw my workshop you'd think I did a whole lot more, it's a happy mess!

• Like 1