Which fragrances are you personally loving right now?

GailC

9 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Ooh, your description of Rice Flower & Shea sounds lovely.  But I DO NOT want to add another supplier to my ever increasing list.  Even though everyone is listing favorites from places like Bittercreek and Flaming Candle and.....

50 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

OMG Where do you come up with this stuff LOL !  As the saying goes, theres a FINE line between genius and madness lol ! You crack me up :) 

Really!  WHERE do you come up with this stuff Sponey!   you got that right Moonstar!

You must be a riot to live with Sponey is all I can say....It must be non stop giggles and laughs all day living with you.

Whenever you put up a post I know it's going to be a doozey - one that l most likely won't even comprehend when your discussing  making soaps as I don't do soaps and then you go and throw in some outrageous hilarious lines (that I do understand!) he he he....and it just tickles me and gets my day going.  Thanks for being the odd ball Sponey!  You go to the head of the class... *drunkenposting* 

Trappeur

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, GailC said:

Ooh, your description of Rice Flower & Shea sounds lovely.  But I DO NOT want to add another supplier to my ever increasing list.  Even though everyone is listing favorites from places like Bittercreek and Flaming Candle and.....

Gail, why don't you check with whoever you order a lot from and see if they have Rice Flower and Shea as a lot of companies do.  I've ordered it from a few companies and they really all smell the same to me.  I don't have any of it as I just looked, but I'm going to order a pound of it this week and I could send you a sample if you want.

Hey, I save all the empty 1oz bottles when I am done with them...I could send you an empty bottle!....at least you can still smell it! lol

Trappeur

3 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Gail, why don't you check with whoever you order a lot from and see if they have Rice Flower and Shea as a lot of companies do.  I've ordered it from a few companies and they really all smell the same to me.  I don't have any of it as I just looked, but I'm going to order a pound of it this week and I could send you a sample if you want.

Hey, I save all the empty 1oz bottles when I am done with them...I could send you an empty bottle!....at least you can still smell it! lol

Trappeur

Well, as you know, I'm going to Nature's Garden next week, and wouldn't you know it, they have Rice Flower & Shea so I will sniff theirs!  But thanks for the offer!  My list of FO's to smell is getting longer and longer.. :)

On 7/13/2017 at 3:19 AM, Belinda said:

I hear ya about sugar cookie dough! I love that one! I also love Sugared Vanilla shortbread from CW. Can't go wrong with that one either!

If you like Vanilla Bean Noel then you'll love Mrs Claus Cookies. It smells a whole lot like it to me. 

I have the sugar cookie dough from ICS OOB it doesn't seem very strong - maybe it changes in wax ?? do you get a good HT from that one ?

On 7/12/2017 at 6:50 PM, GailC said:

Finally!  A fragrance I also have, Aztec's Creme Brulee.  The little neighbor girl just loves that one.

I may have to put Mrs. Claus's Cookies on my list to sniff, but I have Sugared Vanilla Shortbread from Candlewic, which I haven't even used yet, plus Sugar Cookie from Cierra and Iced Cookie from The Candlemaker's store...which I got free for ordering over $100.

My very favorite cookie FO of all those I've tried so far is ICS Sugar Cookie Dough.  But I haven't ordered from there in a while to get more.

Gail does Blackberry Jam Cookies from ICS + Day Star smell the same ? I have ICS Sugar Cookie Dough but OOB it seems weak IDK that kinda discouraged 

me so I haven't even put in in wax yet . What are your thoughts on that, do you get a good HT ?

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Gail does Blackberry Jam Cookies from ICS + Day Star smell the same ? I have ICS Sugar Cookie Dough but OOB it seems weak IDK that kinda discouraged 

me so I haven't even put in in wax yet . What are your thoughts on that, do you get a good HT ?

I haven't bought the Blackberry Jam Cookies from either place so can't help you there.  I think it was Belinda who had tried that FO.

Honestly, it's been awhile since I've had the Sugar Cookie Dough from ICS,  I added so many new suppliers to my list, I kind of let them slide.  But I sure don't remember it being weak. I have it marked as one of my favorite FO's.  It reminds me of Vanilla Bean Noel. Which I also had from ICS at one time.  I do need to order some more Cranberry Orange Spice from there; used the last I had back before Christmas.  It was a customer favorite and very strong.

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Sponiebr said:

Angelic AND SENSUAL!? (BOTH!?)   (take my BREATH AWAY!) I gotta GIT ME SOME O'DAT!!!! I NEED this in my life! 

Oh, Ecstasy! 

Oh, JOY! 
Oh BLISS! 

OH BABY!

Image result for oh behave gif

I shall git me a body pillow and call it... (erm... what am gonna call it?) Margarette. I will name the pillow Margarette. I will marinate the pillow in this Angelic Sensuality. And "Margarette" and I will be happy sitting here early in the morning hours reading all y'all's comments... I'm gonna get a weed eater, some peach preserve's, oh!  and a LIVE CHICKEN! WE'LL Have a FINE ol' time of it!  Hee HEEE!!!!! 
LOL, lol......
And the air will smell good-ish. 

Had it not been for your description I would have most likely missed heaven on Earth. So, thank you Trapp.

Sponiebr: It's like that song what goes "If you can't be with the one you love.... Make believe you can love whatever happens to be lay'n around..."  

My poor Weighted Companion Cube isn't taking this news very well... no, not well at ALL... 
5968921939d09_WCCbrokenhearted.jpg.d6d707fef97229fbb27daece62e4e63f.jpg

2 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Not Gail but I have tried both of the blackberry jam butter cookies and they smell exactly the same to me. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. FB's also smells the same as theirs too.

Sugar cookie dough from ICS isn't what I would call a really strong fragrance but strong enough that I can smell it when I walk in the room and enjoy it. I love that scent!

If you're looking for a really strong bakery scent blackberry jam butter cookies is one that's strong. It's great too!

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

Not Gail but I have tried both of the blackberry jam butter cookies and they smell exactly the same to me. I don't think you can go wrong with either one. FB's also smells the same as theirs too.

Sugar cookie dough from ICS isn't what I would call a really strong fragrance but strong enough that I can smell it when I walk in the room and enjoy it. I love that scent!

If you're looking for a really strong bakery scent blackberry jam butter cookies is one that's strong. It's great too!

Now I really want to order from ICS and try the Blackberry Jam Cookies too as well as restock some of my favorites.  But I imagine my FO cabinet will be bursting at the seams after next week's visit to Nature's Garden. :)

• Like 1

Just now, GailC said:

Now I really want to order from ICS and try the Blackberry Jam Cookies too as well as restock some of my favorites.  But I imagine my FO cabinet will be bursting at the seams after next week's visit to Nature's Garden. :)

Not to be an enabler or anything but it's really good! LOL! 

Just now, Belinda said:

Not to be an enabler or anything but it's really good! LOL! 

Do you know how many bottles of FO I have that I haven't even used yet?  Do you? :)  I'm 66 years old.  I hope I have enough good years left to do so. :) But the way I keep adding to my stash, I'll never have enough years.  

• Like 3

Just now, GailC said:

Do you know how many bottles of FO I have that I haven't even used yet?  Do you? :)  I'm 66 years old.  I hope I have enough good years left to do so. :) But the way I keep adding to my stash, I'll never have enough years.  

Same here! I'm 61 and all of my cabinets are full! Then, to top it off I'll reorder something that I already have and haven't even used! It's hopeless!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Belinda said:

Same here! I'm 61 and all of my cabinets are full! Then, to top it off I'll reorder something that I already have and haven't even used! It's hopeless!

But isn't it fun? :D

5 minutes ago, Belinda said:

SOOOOOOOO much fun! I actually like shopping for the stuff and going through it more than making it LOL! 

Kind of like looking at crochet patterns more than actually crocheting.  You know what I like about making candles though?  They are a project I actually finish.  I have so many counted cross stitch projects started, from years and years ago.  Took me 30 years to finish a Mickey Mouse for my son.  I gave it to him on his 35th birthday and put a quote under Mickey; "Good things come to those who wait." :)

I'm on row 4 of an afghan I hope to have done by my great niece's birthday on Oct 3.  I do manage to finish baby afghans, but I'm not so good at full sized ones, which hers is.

Edited by GailC
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Belinda said:

Thanks Belinda - I'll have to give it a try :) 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I have the sugar cookie dough from ICS OOB it doesn't seem very strong - maybe it changes in wax ?? do you get a good HT from that one ?

I love this scent and it smells so wonderful but once I got it into wax, for me I could hardly smell it even after a 2 week cure.....Maybe you will have good luck with it Moonstar.

I just didn't.

Trappeur

9 hours ago, GailC said:

Gail, if you do order from ICS I'll tell you what their Apple Strudel is to die for.  I sell it in one store as hot apple pie....Also their pie crust is another great one that I use a lot of......Not being an enabler or anything....well I guess I am.....geesh what can I tell ya? lol

Trappeur

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Belinda said:

lol.....same here my cabinet is so darn full and like you, do you know how many times I have gone and ordered the same fragrance then to find out I have it......but all is not lost as I will use it.   I just love to sniff em all and then I'll pull out the ones I'm going to make and put in a box and sit it on the dining room table right in front of my eyes so I don't forget it.....but then somehow I always seem to get distracted....and then I'll get bored and sit down at the computer and start surfing more candle companies to see what is new that I just have to have......it's just disgusting!  And then I have a friend who calls me 50 times a day to talk (that is no joke) and I make all her candles for her in these huge crystal containers that are triple wicked and I'm always telling her that I have some more great samples coming in she needs to snifff, then I have to listen to her put me down for ordering more oils when I have so many, but you know when you order constantly from suppliers for your business, you just have to have and test new samples all the time and besides you get a free sample for ordering over a certain amount in dollars and of course what is a 1 (1oz) sample going to make?  1 jar?  Heck I have to always order either 2 more samples along with the free one or just get a big bottle!  More money!!!!But I just can't help it.....

Trappeur

• Like 3

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

lol.....same here my cabinet is so darn full and like you, do you know how many times I have gone and ordered the same fragrance then to find out I have it......but all is not lost as I will use it.   I just love to sniff em all and then I'll pull out the ones I'm going to make and put in a box and sit it on the dining room table right in front of my eyes so I don't forget it.....but then somehow I always seem to get distracted....and then I'll get bored and sit down at the computer and start surfing more candle companies to see what is new that I just have to have......it's just disgusting!  And then I have a friend who calls me 50 times a day to talk (that is no joke) and I make all her candles for her in these huge crystal containers that are triple wicked and I'm always telling her that I have some more great samples coming in she needs to snifff, then I have to listen to her put me down for ordering more oils when I have so many, but you know when you order constantly from suppliers for your business, you just have to have and test new samples all the time and besides you get a free sample for ordering over a certain amount in dollars and of course what is a 1 (1oz) sample going to make?  1 jar?  Heck I have to always order either 2 more samples along with the free one or just get a big bottle!  More money!!!!But I just can't help it.....

Trappeur

I hear ya! I'll get my oils organized (well sort of) and then I'll pull out what I want to pour and then they just sit there because everyone here wants leather and leather blends or manly scents, YUK!!! Anyway, my friends and co-workers are always getting on to me for ordering more oils but I just can't help it!!!! My cabinets won't hardly hold another bottle though. I have got to get rid of some of these. I was trying to put some of my oils from Flaming on the shelf where most of those are to keep them all together and pushed some of the bottles off just trying to cram more on the shelf! I'm at my wits end! I don't even sell that much but I sure keep buying supplies like I do LOL!

• Like 2

20 hours ago, GailC said:

Kind of like looking at crochet patterns more than actually crocheting.  You know what I like about making candles though?  They are a project I actually finish.  I have so many counted cross stitch projects started, from years and years ago.  Took me 30 years to finish a Mickey Mouse for my son.  I gave it to him on his 35th birthday and put a quote under Mickey; "Good things come to those who wait." :)

I'm on row 4 of an afghan I hope to have done by my great niece's birthday on Oct 3.  I do manage to finish baby afghans, but I'm not so good at full sized ones, which hers is.

Gail you sound so much like me! I just gave a friend of mine a garbage bag full of t-shirts and sweat shirts because I was doing appliqué (which I still love but don't do) and my oldest son moved back home and so I had to get my junk room cleaned out for him because his old room is now my wax room. Then I found all sorts of projects I had started years ago and never finished. I do pour wax though and enjoy doing it and hopefully I will branch out one day when I retire and it'll be a little bit of a supplement to my retirement.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Gail, if you do order from ICS I'll tell you what their Apple Strudel is to die for.  I sell it in one store as hot apple pie....Also their pie crust is another great one that I use a lot of......Not being an enabler or anything....well I guess I am.....geesh what can I tell ya? lol

Trappeur

Trapper if you order the sugar cookie from Peak try the Pie crust from there too, I know you like the one from ICS but this to my nose is better. I agree with you on 

the sugar cookie dough, even OOB its weak. Although it does smell good just not strong enough. Today I put some of the ICS Bear Claws in my warmer, not in

wax just the FO alone .... I was so-so about OOB but once it started heating up in the warmer it was so yummy ! The birthday cake from Peak 

is also pretty darn good.

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 1