JS123 Wax

Does anyone out there have any experience with JS123 container wax?  

Or better yet.....is this wax sold somewhere else under a different name/supplier?  

Ive been interested in testing this wax for many different reasons, but they only sell it in huge bulk.....50lbs!  $100 plus shipping just for me to test this wax!  I was wondering is this wax worth that??  

Thanks for your help, as always!  ?

Have you called the supplier? Sometimes they are willing to chunk out a 2lb or 10lb piece for testing, but it requires a call to them. 

I've not personally tried this wax, and looks like it might just be a proprietary wax sold by Just Scent. Give them a call, I'm sure they can probably help you out with a sample slab or at the very least tell you if it's their own personal blend or something you can get somewhere else. 

• Like 1

Yeah, I reached out to them a few months back and she said they don't do anything smaller than what is offered on their website. Even for testing. I didn't rally like her email or her attitude toward the issue either. So I am still on the fence. It's just such a large amount to buy for testing!!  I don't know what to do!  

They do say it's a proprietary blend to them. But yet, RE says the same thing about thier KY Tart wax and I recently found out the 650 from Flaming Candle is the exact same wax, from the same manufacturer. So I was just think maybe this one was the same way. Thanks for the advise!  

• 3 weeks later...

I have used her JSB container blend for at least 5 years.  Something is very "wonky" now with this 50/50 blend.  I have been making jar candles with this wax for a long time and all of a sudden it won't hold 1oz per pound of FO.  Heating to 175, adding FO at 160 and pouring.  7 days later, FO leeching out all around neck of jars.  She said it's something I must be doing wrong ?

I've been making candles for 20 years.  This wax is cracking and having sink holes too.  Not sure what's going on.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2017 at 3:17 PM, CorgiCaper said:

I have used her JSB container blend for at least 5 years.  Something is very "wonky" now with this 50/50 blend.  I have been making jar candles with this wax for a long time and all of a sudden it won't hold 1oz per pound of FO.  Heating to 175, adding FO at 160 and pouring.  7 days later, FO leeching out all around neck of jars.  She said it's something I must be doing wrong ?

I've been making candles for 20 years.  This wax is cracking and having sink holes too.  Not sure what's going on.  

Did you ever get this issue resolved ? Have you read any of the threads on the new formulas of ECO + Golden waxes . Many are saying they aren't getting a good HT

I still have unused wax (464) so I can't speak to those problems. Your not the only person Ive read on here that has mentioned the owner being rude. That would make 

me uneasy putting in a big order. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 9/7/2017 at 8:23 PM, Moonstar said:

Did you ever get this issue resolved ? Have you read any of the threads on the new formulas of ECO + Golden waxes . Many are saying they aren't getting a good HT

I still have unused wax (464) so I can't speak to those problems. Your not the only person Ive read on here that has mentioned the owner being rude. That would make 

me uneasy putting in a big order. 

You can see the rudeness in her FAQ on her website even. Not a great attitude. To test all 4 of her waxes it would cost $440 and that is before shipping. She had NO interest in helping me get smaller amounts. I don't know how she would never secure new customers for her wax, in expecting them to place that kind of order just to test her waxes. Yes, maybe she has old customers, but she won't be gaining any new wax customers until she becomes more helpful in offering something reasonable methods to test her waxes. 

Still, I want to test them, as I know a very large successful vendor who uses her waxes and I love the look, texture, sliceability and throw of the wax. Again, I'm gutted she won't be more helpful. And yes, I agree it's concerning. 

I was just checking out her prices for her wax and her 50/50 tart wax is $19.95 for 4 pounds! Wow! RE's is $8.95 for 5 pounds! Who on earth would pay that big a difference? That's quite a bit of difference in price. The same with her all paraffin blend for tarts. 

1 hour ago, Belinda said:

I was just checking out her prices for her wax and her 50/50 tart wax is $19.95 for 4 pounds! Wow! RE's is $8.95 for 5 pounds! Who on earth would pay that big a difference? That's quite a bit of difference in price. The same with her all paraffin blend for tarts. 

Yes, her prices are insanely high. Plus, on the container waxes you are forced to buy by the case, no slabs, at $100, before shipping.  I was quoted $100 to ship a case to Texas.  So that is $200 to test 1 container wax. Another $200 to test the second container wax, plus the 50:50 waxes are $20 each with $20 shipping.  Sooooo you can see that it just isn't possible for testers, smaller businesses or hobby makers to even try her waxes. But what she's failing to realize is that smaller businesses grow and buy more and more wax over time. And she's putting herself out of getting ALL of that business. Horrible move. 

She told me she use to offer smaller quantities of her waxes for testing, but it just wasn't in her denefit, as she as losing money. Sometimes it takes money to make money, but she's not willing to bend at all on it. So as a new maker of melts, I have to pay $500 to test her 4 waxes. It's crazy talk.  And if I don't like it, I have well over 2 cases of wax I don't need. But I could love it and buy more and more and more, as my business grows. 

This is why I reached out to everyone on here in an earlier post, asking if anyone has tested any of these 4 waxes...I wanted feedback before I spent this kind of money. But only 1 person responded to say they had used a JS wax.  Not at all surprising given the price and limitations of ordering. They must not sell much wax. I do know of one vendor out there who uses her stuff and that is what lead me to want to try it. But I just can't make it make sense. 

13 hours ago, Nickie said:

This is why I reached out to everyone on here in an earlier post, asking if anyone has tested any of these 4 waxes...I wanted feedback before I spent this kind of money. But only 1 person responded to say they had used a JS wax.  Not at all surprising given the price and limitations of ordering. They must not sell much wax. I do know of one vendor out there who uses her stuff and that is what lead me to want to try it. But I just can't make it make sense. 

I can't see where her waxes are any better than any you can get from other suppliers and at a much more cost effective price. I love KY's granule wax as well as Flamings and TCS. I also love IGI wax. I can't justify paying her price for wax that's not superior. If I were a betting person, I would say her granule wax is  similar if not the very same as KY and Flaming. I would also bet her container wax is very similar to 6006 and 4630. I could be very wrong but I would bet on it.....if I were a betting person.

4 hours ago, Belinda said:

I can't see where her waxes are any better than any you can get from other suppliers and at a much more cost effective price. I love KY's granule wax as well as Flamings and TCS. I also love IGI wax. I can't justify paying her price for wax that's not superior. If I were a betting person, I would say her granule wax is  similar if not the very same as KY and Flaming. I would also bet her container wax is very similar to 6006 and 4630. I could be very wrong but I would bet on it.....if I were a betting person.

Thanks for saying this....needed to hear it. I have in my mind that I want to test these waxes, but you're very right that they are not any better than what I can get elsewhere and at a much better price. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I am with Belinda in stating that her waxes are from the same manufacturer as another supplier.  It was confirmed to me that JS 50/50 parasoy pillar votive wax is the same as Problend 650/KY parasoy tart and votive blend.  Both Flaming and Just Scent seem to carry the same waxes (likely all CJ Robinson manufactured):

JS 123 all paraffin container wax (same as Flaming 400) 

JS 50/50 parasoy container wax (same as Flaming 600)

JS 50/50 parasoy tart and votive (same as Flaming 650/Rustic KY parasoy)

JS all paraffin pillar votive wax (same as Flaming 450/Rustic KY 133)

This is purely my assumption though as I have not yet tested JS waxes due to the same reasons as Nickie.  However, the ones mentioned above have the same MP, come in the same form, and have very similar descriptions (with Flaming always coming out on top with their instructions and details regarding FO load etc.).

Edited by lovelyscents

On 9/23/2017 at 8:22 PM, Nickie said:

She told me she use to offer smaller quantities of her waxes for testing, but it just wasn't in her denefit, as she as losing money. 

I can almost guarantee its because she just doesn't want the work of cutting slabs.  Her granulated waxes are in sample sizes...just a guess.