Do any of you folks buy wick trimmers in bulk?

I buy 5 of my FO's from Fillmore and noticed they have a pretty decent price on wick trimmers: http://www.fillmorecontainer.com/Wick-Trimmer-Wickman-Stainless-Steel-P652.aspx

I was wondering if any of you know of another, possibly, cheaper alternative to buy in bulk? At Fillmores bulk price of $4.50 it does leave room to mark them up a few dollars and sell as an accessory, but Id like to see if I can find them for less than that.

I used too when I first started selling at craft shows, but I found people were really not interested in them, and most of the time I would have to explain what they were, and once they realized what they were, they would turn their nose up and walk away (or just not buy them) I think I still have a handful of them from when I bought them over 10 years ago. 

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

You can buy them on Ebay for 1.00 each.  I sell quite a bit of them...

Trappeur

Trap, can you link to the ebay seller or listing? I dont trust Ebay all that much but knowing whom you buy from would ease that a bit. Thanks

• Like 1

Clear Black, no problem....let me go and check...you know there are quite a few of them listed.  These clippers come from China and you have to wait weeks for them but if you have the time it's well worth it.  And for 1.00 I thought they would be cheesey  but they really arent.  I have a store who I sell to.  I charge her wholesale either it's 6 or 7.00...can't remember, but that is what I charge her and she doubles with NO PROBLEM.....and they are really heavy duty....I will get back to you.  Oh too, you know how they say you shouldn't use a wick trimmer as a trimmer when you cut off the ends after you have just made them?  Well no problem....I do it all the time.  Here is a picture of it.  Actually I ordered a bunch of wick trimmers a long time ago from Community candle and I find these much more sturdy.  Here is a picture of one.

trappeur

CIMG9859.JPG

Sam here Trap. After I pour my jars and after they have cooled, I use my own personnal wick trimmer like this one to trim the wick down to size. Ive never had an issue.

When you have the time please do leave me that link. I tried sifting through the endless listings on Fleabay and couldnt see any at the price point you see them at. I did notice most were imports from China and I am ok with waiting weeks for an order as long as I order ahead of time :D

Edited by Clear Black