Beer Can Wicking

Hi!  Has anyone made a soy candle in a beer can??  I use pure soy and cd wicks but I was just looking for some tips.  I believe the beer cans could be anywhere from a 12 oz to a 24 oz?  Any info and suggestions is greatly appreciated.  A friend of mine is the manager of a restaurant with a distillery and she would love some "beer can candles".  Thanks so much!   

Edited by Moneypenny

My first reaction to this would be to ask yourself how hot a candle would get if the container was made of VERY thin aluminum. Too hot to the touch and a liability I would think.

If it were me, I would instead look into making the wine bottle candles. Those seem to be trendy and popular at the moment and only takes a small investment in the right saw to cut the glass and grind the tops smooth. Makes a much sturdier container in the end.

Just my two cents though :)

• Like 1

Hey money! I just found this little guy which would be awesome for your needs IMO. Like the description says, I would label it in a way to a "Keep the Glass!" type special edition candle

http://www.jarstore.com/jars/16-oz-libbey-glass-can/

Just did a quick cart checkout after adding ~200 and seeing what shipping would be. Of course we live in seperate areas, but it came out to roughly $1.32 per glass can. Seems pretty solid of a price if you ask me. All you would need to do is come up with some sort of cardboard dust cover and these would be pretty darn neat.

Edited by Clear Black
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Clear Black said:

Hey money! I just found this little guy which would be awesome for your needs IMO. Like the description says, I would label it in a way to a "Keep the Glass!" type special edition candle

http://www.jarstore.com/jars/16-oz-libbey-glass-can/

Just did a quick cart checkout after adding ~200 and seeing what shipping would be. Of course we live in seperate areas, but it came out to roughly $1.32 per glass can. Seems pretty solid of a price if you ask me. All you would need to do is come up with some sort of cardboard dust cover and these would be pretty darn neat.

Now that is one of the neatest ideas I have seen all day.