Birthday Cake

Belinda

So far I like  Peak's, RE, JS and FB, but the one from Lonestar, ICS, and Aztec all get great reviews and I don't get that. I've tried all of their birthday cake FO's and they all smell very similar to my nose. I don't know why, but I get an almost play dough smell out of them. Does anyone else think their bday cake smells like play dough or is it just me?

That's so funny you say that I just had a customer tell me my birthday cake tarts remind her of play dough haha. With that in mind I gave them a whiff and sure enough that's what it reminded me of also. Since then I switched to Peaks and it doesn't seem to have that play dough smell to it after I placed it in wax. 

• Like 1

I love and use RE Birthday cake (Formerly Kentucky).

Throw is wonderful and I find very rich.  I love it so much I have been ordering roll on perfumes from a gal I found on Etsy in this fragrance for quite some time now.  I'm constantly stopped and asked by people "what is that scent?" lol

Trappeur

• Like 3

I like Peaks + RE's Bday cake (KY) theres a few from ICS that smell really good OOB but changed in wax, or to my nose anyhow. The one that comes to 

mind is ICS Sugared Vanilla Shortbread, I don't like it in wax. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

I like Peaks + RE's Bday cake (KY) theres a few from ICS that smell really good OOB but changed in wax, or to my nose anyhow. The one that comes to 

mind is ICS Sugared Vanilla Shortbread, I don't like it in wax. 

You should try Candlewic's Sugared Vanilla Shortbread; it's the original and smells so good!

3 hours ago, soshiegirl said:

Daystar's Cake Bake is delicious also.

Love this one too OOB but haven't put it in wax yet. Good thing is I can get Stacy to deliver it to me at work! There are several of Stacy's oils that I like. She has some really good oils.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Throw is wonderful and I find very rich.  I love it so much I have been ordering roll on perfumes from a gal I found on Etsy in this fragrance for quite some time now.  I'm constantly stopped and asked by people "what is that scent?" lol

Trappeur

I will have to make a body spray out of this one. I've made body sprays out of toasted marshmallow, and vanilla bean noel and love those.

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Trappeur

Why don't you make these yourself. You can order the roller bottles from Speciality Bottle and buy yourself some fractionated coconut oil or a carrier oil 

of your liking. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, coffeebean said:

That's so funny you say that I just had a customer tell me my birthday cake tarts remind her of play dough haha. With that in mind I gave them a whiff and sure enough that's what it reminded me of also. Since then I switched to Peaks and it doesn't seem to have that play dough smell to it after I placed it in wax. 

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one! LOL! 

It's always confused me how the bday cake FO's I tried from LS, ICS and Aztec all smelled like play dough to my nose and yet they have such great reviews on those and I think Aztec says it's their number one seller. I ordered a 4 ounce bottle again from ICS the other day just to see if maybe I was wrong and sniffed it yesterday when it came in and I distinctly smell play dough!