Sealants and 12 ounce status jar label size recommendations please

Doe any one have any label type recommendations (rectanglular-- which I prefer, or square, opal, round or anything else) and the measurements used on the 12 ounce status jars and on round labels for 8 ounce and 16 ounce tin lids. What sealers are recommended to weather (rain) proof the labels and how long after printing to you wait to put sealants on them. Do you put sealants on before or after putting label on jars. I know this is a lot of questions. Thanks for and tips.

When I labeled the fronts I did a 2" x 4" rec clear label on the status, then I switched to a 2.5 x 2.5 square clear.  Soon I did away with labels on the candle and put the scent on the caution label on the bottom and another round scent label on top (just in case the tops were switched up by customers).  I kind of got over labels, lol.

On tins I used avery round labels, you can find ones that fit pretty closely to that interior of the top, I don't recall the # off hand but measure that area and look for round labels in that diameter.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

When I labeled the fronts I did a 2" x 4" rec clear label on the status, then I switched to a 2.5 x 2.5 square clear.  Soon I did away with labels on the candle and put the scent on the caution label on the bottom and another round scent label on top (just in case the tops were switched up by customers).  I kind of got over labels, lol.

On tins I used avery round labels, you can find ones that fit pretty closely to that interior of the top, I don't recall the # off hand but measure that area and look for round labels in that diameter.

Thank you :)

Pam, this is how I label my products.

Trappeur

This is an 8oz tin with label on lid

CIMG8724_1.jpg

This is a 12oz status jar with label on face of jar.

I know some do on the lid or the glass top and look nice....but I do mine on the jar itself because there are times that the wax may leave wet spots or show where the wax has pulled away slightly from the wall of the jar which is just a natural characteristic trait of 464 wax I use.  So by putting the label on the glass jar it truly hides a world of minor imperfections that occur and your eye is drawn to the label and your looking at the label instead of the jar which might have wet spots.  It's worked beautiful for me and that is what I do.  This is a 3" square label but you could go slightly smaller too.

cc040352-1668-411c-bb13-3e774f9edef2.jpg

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Pam, this is how I label my products.

Trappeur

This is an 8oz tin with label on lid

CIMG8724_1.jpg

This is a 12oz status jar with label on face of jar.

I know some do on the lid or the glass top and look nice....but I do mine on the jar itself because there are times that the wax may leave wet spots or show where the wax has pulled away slightly from the wall of the jar which is just a natural characteristic trait of 464 wax I use.  So by putting the label on the glass jar it truly hides a world of minor imperfections that occur and your eye is drawn to the label and your looking at the label instead of the jar which might have wet spots.  It's worked beautiful for me and that is what I do.  This is a 3" square label but you could go slightly smaller too.

cc040352-1668-411c-bb13-3e774f9edef2.jpg

Wow, those are beautiful!!

• Like 2

Wow!  Those are lovely labels, Trappeur. 
The only thing I have to add is this.  I was using 8oz tins, 8 & 16 oz square masons, and status jars.  I got tired of having a bunch of different labels.  I finally settled on the 2.5" round labels from Avery.  They fit the top of the jars and tins well, and they look pretty good on the status jars.  Made life easier just using type of label.
I used the glossy white labels, no sealant, and print on the photo quality setting on an inkjet printer.  They hold up well, even though they aren't water resistant or anything.  The ink doesn't smudge or smear as long as I give them a couple of minutes to dry before applying.

• Like 1