First batch of CP

MaryinCary

AND A FAILURE AT THAT! LOL

This was going along pretty smothly thanks to Robin's tutorial and help from Eugenia and Carmen (ebcandles). Came to a nice light trace in about 6-7 min of alternating stick blender and hand stirring. At light trace I added 1 oz FO and damn if it didn't rice on me. :rolleyes2 Wasn't sure what to do so I plopped it in the mold. I covered it up and let it sit over nite, woke up to solid but slimey soap. REBATCH TIME!! Very educational experience this has been and I'm enjoying every step of the whole process. I am in no way discouraged and will be starting my next batch later today!! :yay:

My name is Mary....and I'm a soapaholic.

Will post pic when I unmold & get it cut.

post-171-139458390772_thumb.jpg

post-171-139458390775_thumb.jpg

Wow...did you ever get a rice...wow, you m ust have hade a ton of patience to shave all that soap...I have had a couple batches rice on me but have been able to still use those FO if I pour at lower temps...

Great job! Wow, now you have the worse out of the way, time to make soap

Michelle

Wow...did you ever get a rice...wow, you m ust have hade a ton of patience to shave all that soap...I have had a couple batches rice on me but have been able to still use those FO if I pour at lower temps...

The salad shooter is perfect for grating soap. Heating FO can help too. I boil some water, pour in a mug and sit the FO in that until I'm ready to use.

Mary, I'm proud of you! The rebatch may be just fine, and if not, you did it! You got that first batch under your belt and you're already itching for more! Way to go. :highfive:

e

You go girl! I admire that you did your first batch. :smiley2:

And you had professional support as well, thats awesome.

You better hide that ability to create rice! they will be hunting you down in the Asian Market. LOL!! What FO did you use?

Always remember this~ You only have "one first time" so you have that under your belt. Its all smooth sailing after that, usually.

I gave Kim my Salad Shooter I had laying here collecting dust. She is totally in love with that gizmo. You'd have thought I gave her diamonds or something.

LMAO!! :yay:

That bar of soap looked like solid pearl tapioca pudding!

I applaud your pile of shredded soap! :highfive: It will be interesting to see how it turns out after the rebatching.

I had a batch rice on me - it's such an instantaneous event! One minute you've got a creamy lovely batch and the next second the batch turns on you and is an oily disgusting mess. :rolleyes2

Good luck on your rebatch! :yay:

What FO did you use?

Always remember this~ You only have "one first time" so you have that under your belt. Its all smooth sailing after that, usually.

I gave Kim my Salad Shooter I had laying here collecting dust. She is totally in love with that gizmo. You'd have thought I gave her diamonds or something.

LMAO!! :yay:

The FO was Burberry from SOS. I'm ALMOST positive that if I had warmed the FO I probably would not have had this problem. MA, can I hold you to the smooth sailing?? LOL

I can understand Kims excitement over the salad shooter...after all it is a soap making device!! :drool:

Thanks to all who responded! I appreciate the encouragement ;)