May as well post pics, I guess !

I am merely a hobbyist, so far, and my candles don't compare to the beauties that you all post but I figured, hey, no harm in posting anyway :)

These are my fave few from my last two days. The Palm in the clear jar with lid is in Vanilla Voodoo ( I usually blend my own scents but VV is soooo good, I need it alone at times, lol )

The bluish palm in the clear to pink ombré jar is in Love Spell, it's for my sister in law, her fave scent. 

The soy is in a blend that I created today that made a to die for strawberries & cream scent ! It already has great cold throw, can't wait to cure & light it ! 

IMG_7529.JPG

IMG_7532.JPG

IMG_7531.JPG

Edited by WaxingPoetic
  • Like 6

7 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

What are you talking about - those look great :) Who's strawberries and cream did you use. Strawberry is a tough one to find, or for me anyhow :( 

Please repost after your candles are done curing :) 

Thank you so much !!! I didn't use a strawberries & cream oil, I used two oils...60% Daystar's Marshmallow Fluff and 40% WSP Sweet Strawberry and it came out VERY strawberries and cream, like if I sold, I would call that blend Strawberries and Cream, lol

The Marshmallow Fluff is spot on, on it's own and in other blends ( sooo good with lemon or blood orange ) but Sweet Strawberry is such a strong scent, that the Marshmallow is just a sweet, creamy background when blended with it :)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, kandlekrazy said:

They are really pretty candles and you should be proud of them!  The ombre look is really great with the palm wax.

Thank you so much !!! I loved the ombre jars so much, I only bought 4, but I al going back to get more soon ! Hopefully the have more left...totally kicking myself for only buying a few...

44 minutes ago, WaxingPoetic said:

Thank you so much !!! I didn't use a strawberries & cream oil, I used two oils...60% Daystar's Marshmallow Fluff and 40% WSP Sweet Strawberry and it came out VERY strawberries and cream, like if I sold, I would call that blend Strawberries and Cream, lol

The Marshmallow Fluff is spot on, on it's own and in other blends ( sooo good with lemon or blood orange ) but Sweet Strawberry is such a strong scent, that the Marshmallow is just a sweet, creamy background when blended with it :)

Wow that blend sounds awesome ! Never ordered from day star - theres a few I wanna try :) whats good from her ?

17 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Wow that blend sounds awesome ! Never ordered from day star - theres a few I wanna try :) whats good from her ?

I wish that I could be more of a help to you on that, but I only have the Marshmallow Fluff and a coconut that has since been discontinued....I will say that both are top notch, though and I really need to order more from them in the near future :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
17 minutes ago, sandy511 said:

They are so pretty! Pardon my ignorance, but how did you get the blue/turquoise and the purple in the second candle? Did you just pour the purple, let it cool and then pour the blue/turquoise color? 

That was all the blue wax :) The jar was ombre, it was pink on the bottom, clear on top, so it looked layered but it really wasn't.

I've only layered soy so far and with soy, I wait til it cools then pour the other layer. Now with palm, I would imagine that I would need to blast the jar with a heat gun before pouring a second layer, at least around the top part of the jar.

because I heat my jars prior to pouring palm. I don't get good crystallization otherwise.

Edited by WaxingPoetic