Printable Black (Chalk) labels

earthfriendly

Am I the only one that is frustrated that I can't find black or black chalk type printable labels that I can print on my printer?  If they are available I would love to know who carries them. If they are not available there must be a simple explanation which I somehow missed.  Please, someone enlighten me. ;)

Unless you go to a professional print shop I don't think you'd find any ink that would show up on them anyway. You probably need to use white labels and just print the black chalkboard background. I briefly thought about doing this myself but then realized I would be going through WAY too much ink.

From what I understand when you print with an inkjet printer the ink is absorbed in the paper It won't sit on top. Even other colors in inkjet printers aren't opaque and also most likely won't show up on the black because it's still being absorbed into the paper.

You can attempt to find opaque ink. Or I bet you can get them printed from a professional printer. 

So you got the laser printer to print white?  I did this a couple years ago.  I ended up having to use a black background with white lettering.  And yes, I did use a lot of toner.  I got a lot of compliments on the labels though but decided to go in a different direction to bring the costs down.  

This is what my jars looked like then.  

IMG_0194.JPG

• Like 2

• 1 month later...