2 New Mini Mason Jars I Received

The small jar is 1 1/2" at the widest part and is 1 1/2 ounces.

I already tried a cd 3 and cd 4.  Way too big and jar was so hot couldn't pickup on the first burn b/4 4 hour mark.

I was advised to go with lx wicks to try which I haven't done yet.   I'm using 464 wax. 

The bigger jar is just about 2 3/4" at the widest part and is 5 ounces.

I have 1 made up with a cd 3 and one in a cd 4.   I'm using 464 wax.

This jar I'm really loving for a mini which people seem to love.  I hope I can get a wick decided on.

This jar cost $1.15 and with wax, wick, and labels the final cost to make this jar is $2.63.

Now I sell wholesale and am going to charge between 5.75 and 6.00 as I have a market for these...Well at least I think I do.  One store wants the jar and will most likely charge retail 8.00 (not much money) and the other store will charge 12.00.  Unbelievable for such a tiny tiny jar.  But they get 14.00 for an 8oz tin that I charge 6.00 each.

I've decided that I'm not even going to fool around with the tiny 1 1/2 ounce mason anymore  It's just too tiny for me and I really love the look of the other one and I feel more comfortable with a better wicking system that I think I'll be able to master....we shall see.  I'm working on a label for this jar now.

Which  do you think is nicer......the one with the gold stretch bow or no bow at all?  Would love input on this.

CIMG8764.jpg

CIMG8782.jpg

There is embossing of a floral on 1 side.  There are 2 sides that don't have any embossing.

CIMG8794.jpg

The embossing on the other side is the name of the italian company that makes the jar.

CIMG8795.jpg

Here it is with the bow that I made a little smaller.  If I do keep the bow, I think I'll do the bow even more smaller.

CIMG8821.jpg

Trappeur

• Like 4

I really like the look of that jar without the bow. I'm not sure the bow adds anything to it. I'm not sure if it's the bow itself or the gold color, but for whatever reason, it doesn't really do anything for me. 

The jar itself is very nice and unique and your labels look great on it. 

• Like 1

Love the Italian jar- I have some sitting around here somewhere I believe- ordered them a long time ago on Amazon when I thought I would make jelly?

The bow....not sure if I like it or not, maybe more of a rustic jute look would make a difference - I think it needs something for sure just maybe not not gold seeing the lid is gold 

• Like 1

I vote no bow.  I think the reason is because it looks too shiny and new; the jar seems to lend itself to the rustic look.  If you do want a small bow, like moonshine said, jute or twine would look nice.  It would blend better and give more focus to the jar.

Edit: I still love those jars.  Just looking at the pictures makes me want to pick one up and smell it.

Edited by ehatch1