Your favorite Egyptian Musk

Sugarfoot

Yea I guess sweetcakes takes a lot of pride in their egyptian musk.   It's too pricey for me as well.  And I called WSP and have to buy 10lbs of it minimum.  I guess this scent has totally gone out of vogue! I had a bf in the early 2000's who wore it and I LOVED it.  I know my customers would dig it.  They enjoy the patch, sandlewood, nag champa type smells.  I'm in Ohio.  I'll order a sample from Natures Garden and I'll check bulk apothecary. If anyone has experienced these, please share.  Some of the reviews on NG said theirs is light. I'm not looking for light.  The search continues!

• Like 1

I would try the egyptian amber from CS It is strong and I know many on here also love their nag champa, said its the best they've used. Personally, I can't stand

those type of scents but I know they are well loved by many. I didn't notice the 10 lb min from WSP on that oil, it must be a retired one ??? BTW Ive read that 

WSP has a good patch + a sandalwood thats good as well. Good luck :) 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

There is NO WAY in hell I would ever pay $54 a lb for any FO lol ! Especially if your using it for candles. The WSP one has good reviews and if your out west 

try the the one from pure fragrance oils too so you can compare the two maybe ???? 

??

I had to laugh when I read this because I thought the same until I tried samples ....SC has oils like no other and I do pay 53.00 a pound for their hotel costes and I cannot live without it now ?

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, moonshine said:

??

I had to laugh when I read this because I thought the same until I tried samples ....SC has oils like no other and I do pay 53.00 a pound for their hotel costes and I cannot live without it now ?

Looks like Im outnumbered on this one lol ! Geez, thats just a lot of money, especially if your buying a whole pound at a time or if you need several pounds if you really

crank out a lot of candles lol ! 

• Like 1

It is but when you find a Scent - or 2 - or even more? That you just can't compare anywhere else it's worth every penny, I keep telling myself that anyways ?

I make the expensive ones signatures for more money so in all reality they don't sell as fast as my others so the oil does last me a longer time and I get to enjoy my personal stash - win win ??

• Like 2

I am in the same camp as moonshine... often with those pricey ones I can use less, or use them as blenders then charge more for the overall line. My people want unusual combinations they can't find elsewhere.

if your market wants bath and body works, lush and other dupes then, yeah, sweetcakes is probably not the best place to shop. 

• Like 4

41 minutes ago, moonshine said:

It is but when you find a Scent - or 2 - or even more? That you just can't compare anywhere else it's worth every penny, I keep telling myself that anyways ?

I make the expensive ones signatures for more money so in all reality they don't sell as fast as my others so the oil does last me a longer time and I get to enjoy my personal stash - win win ??

Good point ! Plus I like the idea of a signature line. Brilliant ??

• Like 2

Back to the original question in the OP, natures Garden had an Egyptian musk that worked well enough for me a few years ago. They are all subtle out of the bottle.  When in soap or candles though the mysterious notes pop out prominently. Use too much or make it too strong and it becomes nauseating.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, TallTayl said:

Back to the original question in the OP, natures Garden had an Egyptian musk that worked well enough for me a few years ago. They are all subtle out of the bottle.  When in soap or candles though the mysterious notes pop out prominently. Use too much or make it too strong and it becomes nauseating.

Thank you.  I will be getting a sample of this oil along with their vanilla sandalwood.  I tried that one years ago and loved it.  There were many reviewers who said it was great. Only a few who said it was too light any I bet they were judging oob.  Have you tried any of their patchouli?

It is light OOB, as are all Egyptian musks I have ever smelled. It blooms somewhat in wax and soap, but the musk notes are deeply powerful and linger.

i use patchouli essential oil in soap and the few candles I make in patchouli. The only patchouli fragrance oil I liked was from moonworks.

11 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Looks like Im outnumbered on this one lol ! Geez, thats just a lot of money, especially if your buying a whole pound at a time or if you need several pounds if you really

crank out a lot of candles lol ! 

Geezum crow!  Well add me to the list too....Unless it was for myself and I couldn't live with out it.....54.00 I would not spend on oil....

Trappeur

• Like 2