Testing Fragrances

KrazeKelly

Not really testing when your making 5lb batches. ? I made Backwoods Macintosh Apple and it smells so good!! No issues at all and the soap batter had set for probably a good 20mins since it was my 2nd of a split batch. So awesome!! 

I also made Backwoods Rice Flower & Shea with no issues. It gets nice and thick for some great swirls but not too thick to pour. Smells good!! 

Then things went downhill from there. I have several Nurture Soap fragrances to test out. Last night I made Tramp and it turned out very nice and smells awesome for a Patchouli type scent. But tonight I tried So White and Yuzu Cocoa. You might remember me trying Yuzu Cocoa before when I ended up making those little owl cakes. It's set up fast and I unmolded it in 2 hrs. Anyway, I wanted to give it a shot again and only use one color so I could get it in the mold quickly. Interestingly enough, it did not accelerate this time. Hmmmm?? but it got very hot and I had a tiny amount of oil on top after a while. So I'll have to see how it turns out. 

The So White turned the prettiest orange sherbet orange when I added it to my soap. I took a pic and just like that it was nearly seizing on me. It was very grainy but I got it in the mold. It's ugly since it has a flat top but nothing I could do with it. It is now white again though but has a small amount of oil on top also. The oil looks like it is absorbing but no telling what's on the inside of either of these. I had to uncover them because they both get very hot. So it's wait and see now. ?

IMG_5302.JPG

IMG_5306.JPG

IMG_5310.JPG

IMG_5319.JPG

IMG_5326.JPG

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Moonstar said:

Last 2 are my fav's ! OMG you really are so creative - as always, beautiful work ! Is the rice flower + shea a floral and those tiny rose buds - OMG beautiful

now are those soap or real flowers ? 

Thank yall!! Yes, Rice Fower & Shea is floral but not a strong floral to me. The roses are actually little paper flowers I've had forever and thought the top on that one needed something so my first time using paper flowers. 

• Like 2

Here's the cuts. I did have oil pockets in the So White and the Yuzu Cocoa was a little oily but no oil pockets. I will let them gel in the pot next time before molding and see how that works. I definitely got carried away with colloidal oatmeal in the Barbershop soap. Lol. 

IMG_5333.JPG

IMG_5334.JPG

IMG_5337.JPG

IMG_5340.JPG

IMG_5341.JPG

IMG_5343.JPG

IMG_5344.JPG

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

I think they look great even with them being oily, and with a FO pocket... 

Thanks!! I think they both just accelerate quickly and get too hot. It's almost like they try to separate a little. I think Yuzu will be ok but So White is going in the crockpot when I get home. ?

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Moonstar said:

The 1st 4th & 5th are my favs 

the 5th one is spectacular!

I'm with Moonie on that! Seriously, those almost look like ghost swirls, did you vary the water content in your swirls on those, or how did you get the swirls to "pop" like that. they kind of remind me of M&P a little... 

The rebatch looks good! 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sponiebr said:

I'm with Moonie on that! Seriously, those almost look like ghost swirls, did you vary the water content in your swirls on those, or how did you get the swirls to "pop" like that. they kind of remind me of M&P a little... 

The rebatch looks good! 

No, just a drop swirl then I used my hanger tool to swirl them. Thanks!!