Lavender - Tennessee vs Candlescience?

maryta

I still need a replacement for Tennessee's "True Lavender". It is a straight lavender, not too sweet and not too herbal. I've tried The Candle Source, Oregon Trails, Pure Fragrance, CMS (Genwax), and Flaming.

Is Candlescience "Lavender" similar to any of the above? How about Candlewic?

(I've tried many other lavender blends which are further away from Tennessee's "True Lavender" than the ones above).

Just hoping for some news and opinions :):)

ETA::: How about Raspberry Mousse replacement?? (Tennessee's ??)

Edited by maryta
additional question

To me Candle Science is the closest I've tried.  Factor in that each person smells differently. The Candle Source used to be almost identical to Tennessee but they changed their lavender and now I don't like it as well it's not as strong so maybe blended.

I use CS as well but never tried the ones you mentioned. I've tried 

BC and no go, had a powdery note that I didn't care for . I also 

have one from the Chemistry Store & it's ok. Smells generic to

my nose & just so so. How's Pure 

fragrance's . Do you use any of their other oils ? 

Thanks, everyone!! I did not like the The Candlesource True Lavender, unfortunately. I've never tried the Chemistry Store. I use 25 suppliers and am loathe to add a new one! :) .. I guess I'll have to try Cajun. Most of their oils did not do well in my wax, though. I have three that were great so maybe I will add those and try the lavender! I use Candlescience so will try theirs. I did like their Lavender Chamomile so am hoping the plain Lavender won't be powdery like the Lav Chamomile. 

I am so desperate for that lavender :) !

I have used lavender from CS and The Flaming Candle - I believe they both come from the same supplier, as I have gotten a few other scents from both which seem identical.  I have quite a few repeat buyers of the lavender and even a couple essential oil users the really enjoy the lavender candles I make.  9.5%, GB444 wax. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Barbara AL said:

Since Tennessee Candle closed I don't think I will ever find another True Lavender like that one. The Flaming Candle has a good one too.

I have never smelled either. Could you maybe send me a tiny sniffy of each? A drop on a paper towel wrapped in a piece of aluminum foil would be great!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, TallTayl said:

I have never smelled either. Could you maybe send me a tiny sniffy of each? A drop on a paper towel wrapped in a piece of aluminum foil would be great!

I would buy a lot of a Tennessee dupe! :)