Instant Clear Plastic soap Bands

Sponiebr

Come one! Come all! WITNESS THE BIRTH of a BAD IDEA!!!! 

Seriously, though I have some of this Duck Brand EZ Start Clear Packing Tape which is REALLY heavy duty stuff and I was wondering, have any of you just used Clear Packing tape to make a plastic soap band before? I mean like what should I expect to happen to the mastic that is in contact with the soap? I mean it's going to not be sticky anymore... Anything else? I was thinking of either a piece of wide ribbon under the tape and touching the soap or a the tape touching the soap and a ribbon and label on the tape and under the ribbon. 

Help! I know it's a bad idea, but I can't STOP myself!!! 

"'Cause I'm a train wreck. 

Waiting to happen. 

Waiting for someone to come pick me up off the tracks.

A wild fire born of frustration." 

Yo! Give it up for Sarah Mclachlan folks!!!!

Sponiebr the proving ground of Bad Ideas, Disastrous Concepts, and Confused Realities.    

Soap continues to shrink over time. The band will pull from the shrunken soap .The color of the soap in contact with the adhesive will change. Some residue may remain for a while. 

I have used that very tape to laminate paper labels for a long outdoor market. They kept the paper looking pristine for months. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

Soap continues to shrink over time. The band will pull from the shrunken soap .The color of the soap in contact with the adhesive will change. Some residue may remain for a while. 

I have used that very tape to laminate paper labels for a long outdoor market. They kept the paper looking pristine for months. 

Thanks TT, that's exactly what I needed to know. I ended up with 3 bars of tests but my outbound soaps I wrapped a 3 layer deep ring of stark white crepe paper streamer and then laid on the label for Christmas  and last topped with a single layer of that EZ Start tape. They look pretty good. 

20161207_092619.jpg

And thatks all for the wrapper suggestions. As much as I want to do the shrink wrappers, time and locality has me pretty much stuck with tape and or paper products taped together... I will improve over time, just like the soap.