Show this past weekend---pointers appreciated on display

scifichik

did a last minute show this past weekend and had no helpers, so it meant going light on tables, displays, and product (degenerating discs in my spine, doesn't stop me but does make me slow). I did take about 4 dozen of each top-selling fragrance and restocked the display area as it sold. I have a banner on order, but it didn't arrive in time, so my table drop front looks bad.

I'm thinking of having Avery or some other place print my labels (with the fragrance section blank that I could print later) so my logo gives a nice pop of color on front, and there isn't a sea of white.

Any pointers or constructive input appreciated for my display, as I'm still new at doing shows/fairs.   It was fun, and after I pretty much bought family's Christmas from other vendors with my profits, I still left with $80 from sales, so for a first-year event in a very small rural town, I was very satisfied.

table2.jpg

• Like 3

First thing I noticed as well, how did that "not scentsy" sign go over?  Some people are die hard scentsy lovers.  Over all I think your display looks good.  The tablecloth def helped with the color pop.  Why not print your own colorful labels?  I just always found it easier and cheaper to do my own, this way I can change or tweak them as often as I like.

• Like 1

Actually, my "Not Scentsy" sign drew in people and spawned lots of conversations and sales.   I think it's a new permanent keeper for future events.   And anyone is welcome to use that idea, after all, we ALL say it at one time or another---so it's not like it's a uniquely coined phrase :)

It's probably time to make the next office investment on a color laser printer for the labels, I think, too.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, scifichik said:

did a last minute show this past weekend and had no helpers, so it meant going light on tables, displays, and product (degenerating discs in my spine, doesn't stop me but does make me slow). I did take about 4 dozen of each top-selling fragrance and restocked the display area as it sold. I have a banner on order, but it didn't arrive in time, so my table drop front looks bad.

I'm thinking of having Avery or some other place print my labels (with the fragrance section blank that I could print later) so my logo gives a nice pop of color on front, and there isn't a sea of white.

Any pointers or constructive input appreciated for my display, as I'm still new at doing shows/fairs.   It was fun, and after I pretty much bought family's Christmas from other vendors with my profits, I still left with $80 from sales, so for a first-year event in a very small rural town, I was very satisfied.

table2.jpg

Your table looks great and I'm so sorry your banner did not get to you in time, but I can imagine that the next show you do , is that it will look awesome!  I love the red color of your table cloth... it is so festive! I hear ya on the back issues...herniated bulging discs here....but that does NOT stop us does it??!! We git 'er done and when we have to, we just take it a little easier on ourselves! :) The not Scentsy sign is an eye grabber and hey if it works and gets people over to your table, go for it. Congratulations on a profitable and mighty fine show and getting some Christmas shopping done too! :)

Edited by puma52

• 1 month later...

Your set up looks pretty good and will look even better with your banner. I like the idea of your not Scentsy sign too as long as it is working for you. I would go even further and reword it to say "handmade locally" so customers will know they are not factory made. That should bring in even more customers as people shopping at craft shows are looking for handmade crafts from local artisans.

• Like 1