My last craft show also

Jcandleattic

This was my setup for my last show. I didn't do too well, so decided not to do this particular fair again next year. People just weren't buying. I only heard of 3 vendor's even doing remotely well, and there were probably 200 vendors at this show. 

Lot's of soap here this year, but most of it catering to the "all natural" and/or it was just a side item to their other b&b items. I got a lot of compliments about how my booth/soaps looked "prettier" than anyone else's but they still weren't buying. 

I rarely saw a customer with a bag in their hands walking around. *le sigh* 

Oh well, my October and November show more than makes up for it, but it still felt like a giant waste of time when I could have been home doing Christmasy stuff with my granddaughter. That's another reason it was so easy to give this show up. Not having a show in December is going to be nice. 

table setup.jpg

• Like 6

I'm sorry you didn't do well. I didn't do well at my show this weekend either. Most people were wanting "natural" stuff & that's not my niche. They'll pick stuff up & love how it smells & looks but then put it back & walk away, so I feel your pain. <3

• Like 1

Oh man! I hate it when that happens and have had the same thing happen.  It takes time to figure out what fairs are good and which are bad. I've only done 3 this year, one in the spring and these last two. I've made more money at these 3 than I did setting up every month at other shows. Plus it gave me plenty of time to make a lot of inventory. Enjoy your down time!! ?

• Like 1

Sorry it wasn't good for you.  I hate when you have a day like that.   I have one left this year, next Saturday   I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas wish I hadn't signed up for it.  I'm sure there will be 4-5 other soap, B&B folks there.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, CBeardly said:

I'm sorry you didn't do well. I didn't do well at my show this weekend either. Most people were wanting "natural" stuff & that's not my niche. They'll pick stuff up & love how it smells & looks but then put it back & walk away, so I feel your pain. <3

Even the natural people weren't doing well. Nobody was. Not sure if it was the weather, the fact the Broncos were playing, or a combo of both... But thanks! 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, KrazeKelly said:

Oh man! I hate it when that happens and have had the same thing happen.  It takes time to figure out what fairs are good and which are bad. I've only done 3 this year, one in the spring and these last two. I've made more money at these 3 than I did setting up every month at other shows. Plus it gave me plenty of time to make a lot of inventory. Enjoy your down time!! ?

I do this one every year, and have for the last 8 years or so, and they have always been good except last year and this year, and it's just too much work to just sit there hoping for even booth fee back (which I did make, but barely) ... 

But yes, I only do 3 a year, Oct, Nov and this one. So now I'm down to 2. 

Thank you, the down time will be awesome... 

Edited by Jcandleattic

3 minutes ago, Shari said:

Sorry it wasn't good for you.  I hate when you have a day like that.   I have one left this year, next Saturday   I have so much to do to get ready for Christmas wish I hadn't signed up for it.  I'm sure there will be 4-5 other soap, B&B folks there.

Even in my October and November shows there are a ton of soapers there, but I always do well. But this one, as I said, nobody was, so I think it was just time of year, and this one is just going through it's "no good" phase... 

• Like 1

Your booth looks so pretty! Sorry about the poor sales. It happens sometimes and like you I also weed out the bad shows that way too. The worst is thinking about the time and work spent on a dismal day. Sometimes it's just not worth it!

I have 3 more christmas markets and a soap making demo to do over the next two weekends and then I am done for the year.  So after the 18th I am done!

Edited by Candybee
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Jcandleattic said:

Even the natural people weren't doing well. Nobody was. Not sure if it was the weather, the fact the Broncos were playing, or a combo of both... But thanks! 

Yeah, I don't think many other vendors were doing well either. I had a lot of customers ask about natural products though, even vendors who sold them themselves. There were lots of people at the show walking around, just not buying anything. I hope we all have better luck at our next shows!  :)

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, CBeardly said:

Yeah, I don't think many other vendors were doing well either. I had a lot of customers ask about natural products though, even vendors who sold them themselves. There were lots of people at the show walking around, just not buying anything. I hope we all have better luck at our next shows!  :)

Thanks. My next show isn't until Oct 2017 though. I'll have plenty of time to get stuff done. LOL 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Candybee said:

Your booth looks so pretty! Sorry about the poor sales. It happens sometimes and like you I also weed out the bad shows that way too. The worst is thinking about the time and work spent on a dismal day. Sometimes it's just not worth it!

I have 3 more christmas markets and a soap making demo to do over the next two weekends and then I am done for the year.  So after the 18th I am done!

Thank you.