Luke, here is my two part cane mold

Donita

OK Luke....and anyone else who may want to know. I have to work on this a little more, but I am pleased with my first experiment. I made a yahoo album and a url for it. The directions are in the slide show. I did this in my regular 6 inch cane mold with a little "storage can" from walmart as the insert. WhenI cooled the mold and removed it I couldn't get the insert out.....I thought it needed to be cooler....nope...it needed to be heated out. Simple. Just used the heat gun and the insert fell out. As you can see from the final picture, there isn't a visible line on the candle. It looks just like a regular cane. Now I have to do it on a larger scale. This was fun....for the most part. Donita

http://tinyurl.com/b6crr

post-248-139458390724_thumb.jpg

Between the two of us we make quite a pair. I can make them big, but you can make them pretty. lol. Eventually mine will look nice like that!

Very good job.

I feel almost proud of this little hurrican revolution of two that I have started.

How thick are the walls? how is the glow?

It looks like the walls are a little thicker than I have made mine and I have been considering making them a little thicker for strength but was concerned about light dissipation...

The flowers are really pretty.

:)

The walls are thicker than I usually do, that is because I didn't have the exact size insert.....duh!!!!!!! I had to make do with what I had around the house. LOL.....I did make the walls a little thinner, however, by heating the inside with a heat gun. That smooths it and makes it thinner. It still has a nice glow even with the HUGE walls. Yes, we are dangerous together. I love to experiment with new things and two heads are better than one....well in my case anyway. I just sent the url to Jeff. Donita

post-248-139458390733_thumb.jpg

Tucker......I just sweet talk them.....he he he....Really, there wasn't a lot of room between both molds, so I just poked them in with a skewer. I think I used an ice cube on a few....I am so busy today that it is just crazy in here. That's what I did on the heart with the purple flowers. I just poked them in and the wax wasn't too hot. That is the secret. Then just use the ice cube trick on a few. I like some to look as if they are floating in the wax. They don't all have to be right up against the mold wall. Bring Vicky and we can all go out for dinner. Donita