I just bought a powerblanket

Candybee

OMG I sure hope so! It had some great reviews from soapers who use one. I got this instead of a heating belt because it is more for consistent warming. Once it reaches the warming temp it stays the same temp and can be used overnight or all day long so the oils won't overheat. Will have to wait and see how long it takes to warm and liquify a 5 gal pail of coconut oil.

But that means in the winter I can either heat up a 5 gal pail of coconut oil or keep my master batch oils warm for hours.

I wanted to buy 2 but I want to wait and see how I like it first. Hopefully it does exactly what I need it for. My kitchen gets cold in the winter because I spot heat with portable heaters. So often I don't have a heater on in the kitchen unless I am using the kitchen to make soap or cook all day. So having a warming blanket to keep the oils warm I think is the ticket for me.

• Like 1

I still need one more heater. But want to wait to see how well this one works before I buy another. I was looking at the heating belts too. From my research those are better for melting oils while the blankets are more for continous warmth. Both will melt a full pail but the belts can do it faster. Sooooo... will wait and see which I want next.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

I love the belt I bought from dudadiesel. Makes melting those organic palm pails a breeze!

Have thought about using them on tall metal pails to keep dipping wax warm to more easily dip tall tapers.

How long does it take your belt to melt/liquify a full 5 gal pail? I assume you may use the 50 lb pails too. I buy both sizes and they are relatively the same diameter but the 50 lb pails are taller.

8 minutes ago, Candybee said:

How long does it take your belt to melt/liquify a full 5 gal pail? I assume you may use the 50 lb pails too. I buy both sizes and they are relatively the same diameter but the 50 lb pails are taller.

a few hours at least. I don't crank them up given the pails are plastic. you still need to move the oils around to prevent hot spots. I roll the pails and stir once hey start getting warmed up nd liquified.

• Like 3

I'll let you know how I like the powerblanket once I try it. The Powerblanket Lite model I bought was designed specifically for use with plastic 5 gal containers and to be able to leave it on the pail indefinitely. It reaches its maximum temp and stays there without overheating the pail. Its also insulated for extra protection. Its a huge reason I decided on the this particular blanket model. They also make industrial sizes for drums and outdoor use in freezing temps.