What kinds of things can I mix with peppermint?

Daisymay66

EVERYTHING!

Look at your scent list and list of oils you use (this is one reason I prefer my spreadsheets but I know most here seem to prefer notebooks) and simply consider each with peppermint and ask yourself if it is plausible.

Then pour a bunch of peppermint melts or brittle (you are testing scent not wax blends so it does not need to look pretty) and then blend each with some of the others you selected and you will find some winners. I like doing it this way as often things like peppermint are not mixed at 50/50 ratio so weigh out another 10% and then another until you get the ratio just how you want it. Also because sometimes things that sounded great in my mind are not so great when blended. Then you can play around with wicking and testing if you intend candles and adjust as needed.

Since I sell nationwide, I do not offer recipes here but for categories, consider these:

• Any pine or evergreen
  • Cinnamon or spice
  • Vanillas, including bakery vanilla
  • Other herbals (Lavender, etc.)
  • True crisp fruits (apple, orange, pear but not spiced or bakery)
  • Laundry and clean

Most of us who sell online try not to use any oil right from the bottle/supplier. To distinguish ourselves, we create our own blends.

I now love blending and coming up with my own scents. 

• Like 3

Peppermint blend well with pretty much any other herbal (spearmint, basil, pepper, lavender, eucalyptus, rosemary, etc.) vanillas..., evergreens...

rosemary mint - rosemary : spearmint : peppermint 1:1:1 or 2:1:1 

vanilla mint- vanilla : spearmint : peppermint 2:1:1 or 1:1:1

vanilla mint 2 - peppermint : vanilla 1:1 or 1:2 etc.

peppermint eucalyptus - 1:1

• Like 1

I've actually been making cypress and peppermint candles. Peppermint gives a nice crisp air to fragrances. So it would work with any woody scents like fir, balsam, pines, trees etc. 

You might be able to get away with it as a mix with say autumn leaves and it could be called crisp day. 

Peppermint and patchouli is nice. 

Peppermint and spearmint together with a host of options here will work or just together and it could perhaps be winter. 

Peppermint and chocolate

Peppermint and cranberry was actually a very nice scent that was out years ago. 

Try some watery scents with peppermint and perhaps a little eucalyptus to maybe get a chill fragrance. 

Edited by Scented
  • Like 2

Peppermint and cinnamon for cinnamon red hots!

My fav peppermint blend is eucalyptus and peppermint. Its a classic spa blend the smells awesome!

I also blend peppermint with lavender, rosemary, and a teeny wisp of spearmint for another spa blend that is both relaxing and stimulating.

I also love peppermint with hot chocolate or dark chocolate for a grasshopper blend.

I also mixed peppermint with buttercream frosting one holiday season and called it peppermint creme. I think peppermint and vanilla make vanilla mint or candy cane. Both are great holiday blends.

• Like 1

SORRY!!!! I'm WAY WRONG.... 

That was a custom blend FO in there that I got from someone. That I added cedar pine peppermint and pikake to.... 

Sorry about that. :( 

Edited by Sponiebr
DELETED BECAUSE CONTENT INCORRECT/NOT SAFE

22 hours ago, Scented said:

I've actually been making cypress and peppermint candles. Peppermint gives a nice crisp air to fragrances. So it would work with any woody scents like fir, balsam, pines, trees etc. 

You might be able to get away with it as a mix with say autumn leaves and it could be called crisp day. 

Peppermint and patchouli is nice. 

Peppermint and spearmint together with a host of options here will work or just together and it could perhaps be winter. 

Peppermint and chocolate

Peppermint and cranberry was actually a very nice scent that was out years ago. 

Try some watery scents with peppermint and perhaps a little eucalyptus to maybe get a chill fragrance. 

Are you using EOs or FOs? Where do you get the cypress? Can you describe how it smells? I know I love eucalyptus and peppermint together and I think cypress has a woody mossy earthy type scent? Am I close? Anyway it still sounds like something I would like.

On 11/14/2016 at 10:41 AM, Candybee said:

Are you using EOs or FOs? Where do you get the cypress? Can you describe how it smells? I know I love eucalyptus and peppermint together and I think cypress has a woody mossy earthy type scent? Am I close? Anyway it still sounds like something I would like.

This was actually from Candle Wic. It's a very crisp scent with the hint of shrub. It could use more cypress IMO. 

• Like 1

On 11/14/2016 at 5:09 AM, Daisymay66 said:

Thanks so much for the help Scented and Candybee I am going to be giving them a try! Where do you get a eucalyptus and spearmint scent?

There are a few suppliers. Off the top of my head Peak has it and I think Elements still carries it. Flaming Candle might have it and I think WSP. 

• Like 1

On a whim I mixed together Clean Cotton and Peppermint. Hard to describe the scent but it's a keeper. I found out that most "cotton" fragrances are a actually a blend of Magnolia Blossom and Sandalwood (who knew?) I figured blending Sandalwood with the Peppermint would help tame the harshness of the mint. Round it out. It did. So then I tried Clean Cotton and Wowza! it's a nice scent! Haven't figured out a name for it yet.