Critique my new site please

ebcandles

I've been working on my new website where you can order my products online at wholesale prices. Im using this new site so current as well as new wholesale customers will be able to place their orders online. This has been a big request from current customers.

Please check out the site and let me know if there is anything that I missed or anything that doesnt make sense.

TIA,

Carmen

Here is the site......

www.wholesalesoylotion.com

Thanks!

I think it looks awesome. Didn't Shannon just do the same thing?

But I will honestly tell you from a consumers view, I don't like the fact that you cannot see the pricing. Most people buy on impulse. If they have to login or create an account to see a price, or even wait for an email, chances are they will buy it from someone else and avoid the wait. I am not trying to be harsh, I am being honest. I know your stuff is wonderful, but if someone can get it quicker, faster and with less hassle and its similiar, you might lose a a sale. Just something to think about.

I'll give u an example. I make B&B as well, however I was cruising The Dish one day and ran across Jennie's ad in on of her posts. (In Kristines Shower) which intrigued me to go look at her wholesale offerings. She lists every price on her website. I was tempted to give her an order, wholesale. Yes, I could formulate my own product without any issues. But if I wanted to add a product quickly without alot of rigorous testing, I would have bought it from her. Even knowing that I love the Olive Intensive that you make, I wouldn't buy any wholesale because there is no price. I would have given her a 200.00+ order just in bath bombs, for shower favors. And I make bath bombs! It would have been totally worth every penny just for the stress factor and the timeline I have going for this huge order I have. The good thing is I convinced the customer to get small guest sized soaps instead... LOL!! But the point I was making is I would have given her an order in a nanosecond cuz the pricing was readily available.

I think the whole concept is fantastic. I hope you make a mint.

I think it looks awesome. Didn't Shannon just do the same thing?

But I will honestly tell you from a consumers view, I don't like the fact that you cannot see the pricing. Most people buy on impulse. If they have to login or create an account to see a price, or even wait for an email, chances are they will buy it from someone else and avoid the wait. I am not trying to be harsh, I am being honest. I know your stuff is wonderful, but if someone can get it quicker, faster and with less hassle and its similiar, you might lose a a sale. Just something to think about.

There is no wait once you create an account. You will be able to see the pricing instantly once the account is created.

But that is food for thought and thanks for bringing it up. I really appreciate all the wonderful feedback. Keep it coming.

Since you have to "log in for pricing" , is this site specifically for wholesale accounts only? Do different accounts have different pricing?

The site is designed so that you must order a minimum of 200.00 to qualify for wholesale pricing.

Price is the same no matter who you are:wink2:

Carmen, good for you - I know how much hard work it is to do what your doing.. One of the first things that sticks out to me, is your pictures seem dark and need to be cleaned up - I can see where you tried to white out area, and it looks like a lot of scribbles.

I am not sure yet about the creating an account to get wholesale pricing... and if you think about it, I dont know of any other companies that require that - not that I can think of anyway.. I dont know that I would take the time to create an account, just to see the prices and then determine if I want to place an order or not.. That of course is just MO... I am impressed with what you have done.. you go girl!

Carmen, good for you - I know how much hard work it is to do what your doing.. One of the first things that sticks out to me, is your pictures seem dark and need to be cleaned up - I can see where you tried to white out area, and it looks like a lot of scribbles.

I am not sure yet about the creating an account to get wholesale pricing... and if you think about it, I dont know of any other companies that require that - not that I can think of anyway.. I dont know that I would take the time to create an account, just to see the prices and then determine if I want to place an order or not.. That of course is just MO... I am impressed with what you have done.. you go girl!

Thanks for the feedback girlie - its greatly appreciated.:grin2:

Very nice site, easy to use. One thing did confuse me though: under 'conditions of use' it said the products are not to be purchased for personal use or gift giving, yet in the testimonials page it sounds like the customers are using it for personal use, mentioning how their living room and kitchen smell nice.

Very nice site, easy to use. One thing did confuse me though: under 'conditions of use' it said the products are not to be purchased for personal use or gift giving, yet in the testimonials page it sounds like the customers are using it for personal use, mentioning how their living room and kitchen smell nice.

The conditions of use clause is a very important feature. :wink2:

Why? Because you want legimate business people to purchase from you. Open an account and become a loyal and repeat customer. Perhaps go the private label route. Even grant them terms down the road. Once these things fall into place and you build relationships with these new customers~ its all good for you, and them. Its a total win win situation if you treat it like a business, and not something for people that just want to get things at lesser cost for gifts or personal use.

Many people that offer wholesale will not even reveal pricing or terms of use until they can verify that you are a business, period. It protects them from the curious competition~ and in essence separates the men from the boys.

Plus those testimonials could be from people that already purchase from her wholesale and resell her products. Or current customers that buy from her on retail level from her customer base.

Plus those testimonials could be from people that already purchase from her wholesale and resell her products. Or current customers that buy from her on retail level from her customer base.

Bingo. Those testimonials are from my retail website. I wanted to be able to have something there while the new site got exposure and its own testimonial/product review.