My review for Vanilla Bean Noel from WSP

Trappeur

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the "expensive" VBN from WSP as everyone kept saying how wonderful it was.  I never ordered from WSP as they are so expensive, but I'm that desparate to find this fragrance.

Well, you guys....you were all right!  This fragrance is a 'BOMB'!!!  Its so awesome......After a 7 day cure (I couldn't stand waiting 2 weeks walking past the candle all the time) I thought I would test burn it....omg.....I can't tell you what a powerful scent it has.....and I love it.....!  I just don't know how I could sell this fragrance in my 2 accounts being that it is so expensive...But I'm so in love with this it's unbelievable.  Here is what I have it burning it.  And to top it off, I even got my wick sizes down on this piece of pottery on the first try...1 cd10, 1 cd7 and 1 cd6...  Funny thing about this piece that I fell in love with.  It was 39.00 retail and the owner give me a little 10% discount but it was one of those things you know you just gotta have?.....well I found it online for 22.00!  I would have thought myself personally with all that I do for this shop (is one of my accounts) she would have sold it to me for cost.....ha!  I even told the owner that I wanted 3 more for gifts and she like the idea so much when I bought it telling her I was going to pour into it that she gave me one from stock to make for her for her shop....  

Trappeur

CIMG8500_1.jpg

• Like 3

I love the pottery vessells, they are so beautiful ! When you get a chance can you message me :-/ lol ! Need your help lol ! 

When you factor in the "free shipping " doesn't it nearly work out to be the same more or less ??? Plus, think of the cost 

plus your time ordering + testing different FO's .... also, Id like to add that maybe you can up your prices a tad. Im saying 

this based on your comment of the one shops mark up. You have beacoup experience - are very professional + providing 

the one shop candles that are not only selling  but selling very well I might add. I can tell your a perfectionist + and from 

what I can see, extremely hard working , honest - dependable person. I will tell you first hand, these are hard traits to find in people.

nowadays .Plus, when shops buy from Tradeshow vendors they have to pay shipping to get it to their store, you deliver !  Just saying :) 

BTW - Did you use 1 oz pp ??? 

Edited by Moonstar
  • Like 3

36 minutes ago, Terry said:

I, too, ordered and received mine on Thursday! -  Can't wait to get it into wax tomorrow.  Thanks for the great review :)

Your pieces look so warm a cozy lit :)

Hi Terry,  Thankyou!   Oh please put your findings up here too and tell what you think about it.  What wax are you using?

Trappeur

Your right Moonstar.....I need to think of it that way.  I guess I was just thinking I just hate when someone takes advantage of someone and honestly thought they are so expensive with their oils and when they say free shipping, you just know they have their oils padded with the shipping in there and then when they say free shipping I just think to myself, geesh how stupid do they they think we really are?  You know what I mean?  Like I was thinking if I were to order 6 one pound bottles of oils, for each bottle there is like 10 or 12.00 or more tacked onto each bottle and that would come up to 60.00 or 72.00 you'd be paying for shipping and that is so rediculous in my mind.....But it is what it is.....So if I want it, I can buy it or not....Well in any event, like you said, it is truly a wonderful oil and just like anything else, you pay for quality.  Actually, I think this oil is even better than Tennessees and I'm going to order 4 or 5 pounds of it when they get it in stock.  Did you see all this month VBN is on sale for 20% off?  So I will rethink my brain! lol

I should raise my prices too like you said Moonstar on some of my candles when I see that this one particular store has more than doubled my wholesale cost.  What really bothered me is when I first landed this account, she wanted to offer to the public a great candle for a great price.  Well, she went first off with one of the better quality and more expensive jars (the status).  After I figured out my cost, I came down off my wholesale price like 1.10 per jar to secure the account and so that she could offer to the public a great looking candle at a very competative price.    I worked so hard on a great custom label for her which I spent oodles of time developing. And I told her I would make less profit on my candles so she could offer them at a great price and she said great....  No problem with all this really as she gave me a huge order.  But what really bothered me is when she not only doubled my price (when I reduced my price to her) but she added 2.00 more on top of doubling!!!   Same thing with the 8oz tins..... My cost was 6.00 and she started with 12.50 retail and went up to now 14.95!  That was not right what I felt she did to me, but I never said anything as that is me.  I'll bend over backwards to help anyone.  I just hate to be taken advantaged off.  Now I just have overlooked all of this because I value her business and she gives me tons and tons of business if I must say so myself.  I really take pride in what I do and I hope she realizes that.  Maybe, maybe not.  Yes, you are right and have me pegged.....I am such a perfectionist...it's disgusting....but I can't help it....lol

I'll message you now!:)

Trappeur

• Like 2

With WSP, I have only one or two that really hit my target right now. Ordering by the 10lb drum saves a good chunk of change. You can sell off surplus and still come out ahead. 

I am am waiting for their next 25% off sale (they used to have 2-3 a year) before I experiment any more.

often with WSP, I find I can use a bit less FO and still produce a strongly scented product so the end product raw material cost is win range. If the scent sells well it is worth the little extra $.

On 10/15/2016 at 3:53 PM, Trappeur said:

Well, I took the plunge and ordered the "expensive" VBN from WSP as everyone kept saying how wonderful it was.  I never ordered from WSP as they are so expensive, but I'm that desparate to find this fragrance.

Well, you guys....you were all right!  This fragrance is a 'BOMB'!!!  Its so awesome......After a 7 day cure (I couldn't stand waiting 2 weeks walking past the candle all the time) I thought I would test burn it....omg.....I can't tell you what a powerful scent it has.....and I love it.....!  I just don't know how I could sell this fragrance in my 2 accounts being that it is so expensive...But I'm so in love with this it's unbelievable.  Here is what I have it burning it.  And to top it off, I even got my wick sizes down on this piece of pottery on the first try...1 cd10, 1 cd7 and 1 cd6...  Funny thing about this piece that I fell in love with.  It was 39.00 retail and the owner give me a little 10% discount but it was one of those things you know you just gotta have?.....well I found it online for 22.00!  I would have thought myself personally with all that I do for this shop (is one of my accounts) she would have sold it to me for cost.....ha!  I even told the owner that I wanted 3 more for gifts and she like the idea so much when I bought it telling her I was going to pour into it that she gave me one from stock to make for her for her shop....  

Trappeur

CIMG8500_1.jpg

Doggone Trappeur.......I just LOVE this picture!! So warm and cozy looking....it needs to be in a magazine!! I love that pottery too...so gorgeous!! So happy you love the WSP VBN...I think we all have found our replacement. :)

Edited by puma52
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, TallTayl said:

With WSP, I have only one or two that really hit my target right now. Ordering by the 10lb drum saves a good chunk of change. You can sell off surplus and still come out ahead. 

I am am waiting for their next 25% off sale (they used to have 2-3 a year) before I experiment any more.

often with WSP, I find I can use a bit less FO and still produce a strongly scented product so the end product raw material cost is win range. If the scent sells well it is worth the little extra $.

Besides the VBN which others are home runs for you ? I'll have to keep my eyes open for the 25%

off they run. On a side note there's nothing I love more than rainy sundays . It's been raining nearly all day today ??

• Like 1

I've got to give another big thanks to moonstar for hooking me up with a sample of VBN.  I lit mine after a 10 day cure, and the throw was still a little light.  So I put it away to try again in a few days.  I use 6006, and my vanillas seem to need an extra long cure.  I'm pretty sure it will be much stronger the next time around.  It was very, very nice OOB.

Trappeur, those candles are gorgeous!

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

Besides the VBN which others are home runs for you ? I'll have to keep my eyes open for the 25%

off they run. On a side note there's nothing I love more than rainy sundays . It's been raining nearly all day today ??

I just love rainy Sundays too! Send some of the rain my way will ya please? We have not had rain here for a month now. Crazy!

• Like 1

AAAAhhh Puma, what a beautiful comment.....your always  so kind!  Thankyou...thankyou....

Thankyou too BF!  I certainly am enjoying this piece of pottery that is for sure.  I've been burning it for 3 days straight and it has never lost the strength of scent of the VBN....so nice... Going to have to fill it up again and WSP is out of stock on VBN.....but I'm on the list when they  get it in to email me!  I HAVE found my VBN......lol..Thanks everyone for suggesting WSP for it!  I'm in heaven!  BF I sure hope you get a strong cure after more curing....!

Really, Moonstar.....we need some more home runs from suggestions from others!  I'm watching too!  I like rainy days too.  Been a while here too, but this weather is just awesome so I'm not complaining...cause I know we are going to get hit with cold weather b/4 we know it.

Trappeur

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bfroberts said:

I've got to give another big thanks to moonstar for hooking me up with a sample of VBN.  I lit mine after a 10 day cure, and the throw was still a little light.  So I put it away to try again in a few days.  I use 6006, and my vanillas seem to need an extra long cure.  I'm pretty sure it will be much stronger the next time around.  It was very, very nice OOB.

Trappeur, those candles are gorgeous!

It's no biggie - really ! Last year I made several 4oz tins from CS but 

used the eco wicks. I was surprised how the 6006 wax had ok CT & hit or miss on HT . I'm sure it was me not using a better wick . I'm now playing around with 464 & I also bought a sample of 415 as well. I chose CD & Premier wicks to test with. Btw how's your labels going for your Apple moonshine candle? 

14 minutes ago, Moonstar said:

It's no biggie - really ! Last year I made several 4oz tins from CS but 

used the eco wicks. I was surprised how the 6006 wax had ok CT & hit or miss on HT . I'm sure it was me not using a better wick . I'm now playing around with 464 & I also bought a sample of 415 as well. I chose CD & Premier wicks to test with. Btw how's your labels going for your Apple moonshine candle? 

It might not have been a biggie to you, but it was a happy surprise for me!
I'm finding this darn 6006 to be just as finicky as soy, or maybe more so, just in a different way.  Today, dancing flames are about to drive me insane.
The labels are coming along great.  The labels actually looks so much better in print than they do on my computer.  The hubby approved them and the whole concept, so now all I have to do is sell out the old stock.  We had a great week in sales last week....people stocking up for Christmas, so I might have these on the shelves before we close down for the year.  I'm excited!

• Like 4