On my 9 oz apoth jars every time I try to pour the wick tabs float to the top I tried cleaning the wick base with alcohol and bottom of jar it only started happening after I got new glue tabs from Bulk A anyone else experience this ? My wick I was using were from candle wic Zink 18 custom made been fine I am probably into to the batch around 100 of 500 so I don't think it is them ? Had to repour about 8 so far ugh !

1 hour ago, Kshaler said:

@TallTayl no I have not used the stickers from BA before ! I was wondering if temp may have been an issue! I do not own a heat gun yet  I could heat the jars thank you for the input ?

For a quick test, you could heat the jar with a hair dryer. A hairdryer throws a lot of air, making it less useful for say heating tops of a candle, but for this it should at least help troubleshoot. Good luck!

Adding to what Tall Tayle suggested,  I would also like to add that could be a drastic disaster with defective wick tabs.  If your sure your glass is thoroughly clean and it is not that, then I would call the Bulk and tell them that and they need to replace them,  If it is happening to a few of them, I wouldn't care and DEFINITELY WOULD NOT USE THE REST OF THE roll.  Once I had that problem with BC as I had done a big collection of candles for a store and this started happening and it was a disaster redoing all the candles over.  BC immediately took care of the problem and got with their supplier and they had them redone but at least they advised everyone of this.  They were great.  They are a great company and i just love their oils also.  It could have been a disaster sending out defective candles.  I have 2 companies I buy my wicks from and wouldn't stray from them.  How hot to you pour your wax at into the jars?

This is just my 2 cents.

Trappeur

00000000000000000+................

@Trappeur and @TallTayl Uggh so I tried heating the jars and then my fo sunk to the bottom , I am sure this has nothing to do with the wick stickers but as I was digging out the wax to check and make sure that was indeed a 1/4 in layer of  fo in the bottom of the candle the wick was on there pretty good ! If I use that oil again going to have to get it alittle hotter so it does not separate . Thanks for the tips guys ! I did tell BA about the wick stickers it was a small set of about 100 and I won't be buying them there again can't risk it ! No they did not offer a replacement !

• 2 weeks later...