Aztec Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut Problems

GoldieMN

As others have mentioned on this forum, people are having problems with Aztec's Cinnamon Sugared Doughnut oil.  They are asking on Facebook, "Has anyone had problems with the Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts fragrance oil? We have had 3 people say it didn't mix with their wax and we are trying to trouble shoot this"; and they are getting responses.  I don't know what experience you have had with Aztec, but I am glad to see they are putting the problem out there and publicly asking customers about their experience.

Goldie

• Like 1

I bought 1# of it when it was on sale for $9 but I haven't tried it in wax just put a bit in my oil warmer to get a feel of how is smells when heated.

Ive never used a donut FO before but I don't necessarily get "donut" it is very nice OOB + in my warmer . Cinnamon is not overpowering + 

I pick up a musk note - weird ? Goldie has anyone contacted Aztec from the forum that your aware of - I must of missed the posts on here 

about it. Im not sure what that means by not mixing with their wax ???? Maybe they are adding it at too low of a temperature ??? IDK 

Please keep us posted :) 

They just posted this on FB:

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts - Test Results in 464 wax (not a typical tart wax) 24 hours after poured

The problem seems to be two things. First, heat seems to be a factor with this fragrance. We recommend with any fragrance to get your wax to around 165-170F before adding fragrance. Mixing at lower temperatures did not allow the fragrance to blend with the wax.

Stirring - This fragrance took a good 30+ second of stirring to get nice and blended. We did not add color so it was easy for us to tell when it was blended. My best guess is most added color before blending the fragrance which is fine, but didn't notice that it wasn't fully mixed.

Both our 10% and 6% fragrance load by weight had no problems with separation currently. We also did a few days ago an 8% load in the AAK 94 tart wax which has done great as well.

That being said, we are going to have them tweak this fragrance to make it easier to blend, but I believe as long as you mix the fragrance in well and have the proper temperature it should blend find. Even with fragrance loads of 10% the fragrance in our testing did blend fine with no separation.

We have several hundred pounds of the current formulation coming in today and I will put it back at the intro price until it is gone. Once it is all gone we will switch over to a new formulation which the manufacturer is working on today.

Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.

Guest OldGlory
2 hours ago, bfroberts said:

They just posted this on FB:

Cinnamon Sugared Doughnuts - Test Results in 464 wax (not a typical tart wax) 24 hours after poured

The problem seems to be two things. First, heat seems to be a factor with this fragrance. We recommend with any fragrance to get your wax to around 165-170F before adding fragrance. Mixing at lower temperatures did not allow the fragrance to blend with the wax.

Stirring - This fragrance took a good 30+ second of stirring to get nice and blended. We did not add color so it was easy for us to tell when it was blended. My best guess is most added color before blending the fragrance which is fine, but didn't notice that it wasn't fully mixed.

Both our 10% and 6% fragrance load by weight had no problems with separation currently. We also did a few days ago an 8% load in the AAK 94 tart wax which has done great as well.

That being said, we are going to have them tweak this fragrance to make it easier to blend, but I believe as long as you mix the fragrance in well and have the proper temperature it should blend find. Even with fragrance loads of 10% the fragrance in our testing did blend fine with no separation.

We have several hundred pounds of the current formulation coming in today and I will put it back at the intro price until it is gone. Once it is all gone we will switch over to a new formulation which the manufacturer is working on today.

Let us know if you have any questions and we will be happy to help.

Did not work for me in 6006/4625 at 8%. I even reheated it at a higher temp, stirred forever, and repoured the same wax/fo mixture. Maybe it works in 464 or other soys, but it does not work in my waxes which hold 10%. I left a review on the website under that FO.

I got an email about this! And I haven't made an order with Aztec in awhile! Good on Aztec for being proactive and notifying customers of a potential issue on a product they haven't even purchased yet. I know I'd be wary of buying it until the kinks were worked out.

I was thinking about ordering this anyway, since they said they have several hundred #'s they'll be selling at the intro price, and several people did say it was a nice scent.  But if OldGlory can't make it work, I know I sure as heck can't, so I think I'll pass.

I purchased a lb of this oil at intro price & had major issues with this one. I added %6 to 1 lb of CW 129 & stirred for 2 full minutes .This was the only oil I ever had that leaked severely. I poured in silicone molds & was so shocked at the results.  I had oil running leaking out of my tarts & it was a big mess to clean. I had to throw them in the trash. I tried again in 4630/4625 blend of 50/50 ,same issue. I love Aztec oils & honestly I wanted to give them a call & ask for full refund .I did not make the call & decided to go ahead & email them . I will post the response I receive as soon as they email me back. I was so disappointed in this one & love all the BBW dupes they offer. I will continue to buy oils from Aztec & just wanted to post my horrible results with this fragrance. Today intro price oil for Yankee type Autumn in The Park is on sale $11 per pound. I read the description & sounds like a great fall scent .I will be purchasing this one & will post results. It does appear they are aware of the problem with the Cinnamon donut , but in all honesty I think they should refund all customers that bought this scent. They have stated it should be added at a high temp. I added at 185 ,as I do with all my oils & the results were not good .Oil leaked out like a running faucet. I do not want to waste anymore wax with this fragrance . I will not put this company down & highly recommend their oils & they have great prices with monthly specials . In my opinion I do not think this was intentional on Aztecs part & everyone is entitled to mistakes. I am just posting my results with this particular fragrance. I am off to fill my cart with the 5 for 5 deals & grab the Autumn in The Park at special price :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, katmeltswax said:

I purchased a lb of this oil at intro price & had major issues with this one. I added %6 to 1 lb of CW 129 & stirred for 2 full minutes .This was the only oil I ever had that leaked severely. I poured in silicone molds & was so shocked at the results.  I had oil running leaking out of my tarts & it was a big mess to clean. I had to throw them in the trash. I tried again in 4630/4625 blend of 50/50 ,same issue. I love Aztec oils & honestly I wanted to give them a call & ask for full refund .I did not make the call & decided to go ahead & email them . I will post the response I receive as soon as they email me back. I was so disappointed in this one & love all the BBW dupes they offer. I will continue to buy oils from Aztec & just wanted to post my horrible results with this fragrance. Today intro price oil for Yankee type Autumn in The Park is on sale $11 per pound. I read the description & sounds like a great fall scent .I will be purchasing this one & will post results. It does appear they are aware of the problem with the Cinnamon donut , but in all honesty I think they should refund all customers that bought this scent. They have stated it should be added at a high temp. I added at 185 ,as I do with all my oils & the results were not good .Oil leaked out like a running faucet. I do not want to waste anymore wax with this fragrance . I will not put this company down & highly recommend their oils & they have great prices with monthly specials . In my opinion I do not think this was intentional on Aztecs part & everyone is entitled to mistakes. I am just posting my results with this particular fragrance. I am off to fill my cart with the 5 for 5 deals & grab the Autumn in The Park at special price :)

I agree that they should refund customers. I did email them, twice. Twice I got a generic response regarding the problems etc. On my third attempt I actually 

got a person to respond. Didn't get the answer I was hoping to hear. Im sure they are in a pickle about this, however, this is a problem between them + the 

person who developed the FO. Kinda like a recall but of course not as serious as that because none was placed in any danger. Your just out your money 

for product - shipping - wax etc. The response was that they would test with my wax + method ? Although I do think thats proactive Im not happy with it.

My other oil was great + super strong ( blueberry cobbler) Sometimes in business you just have to take a loss + move on. By no means its not their fault 

but I don't think Illl order from them again. This was my first time + probably my last :( Hope to hear if any of you were told differently. 

Moonstar, I am still waiting for a response from Aztec. I was very polite in my message +I have been a great customer for a couple of years with this co. I love the specials & almost every oil I have purchased from them has worked out great for me. I was shocked when the results of this one & yes it is definitely a bad batch .I did suggest a refund would only be the right thing to do for all customers who purchased this faulty oil. I was counting on this scent for fall ,I may find this elsewhere ,but now a bit skeptic of any Cinnamon sugar Donut BBW type. I think I will move on & just find another donut scent for fall. I have a 1 lb bottle of Just Scent Jelly donut .I tested this one & weak throw in one wax blend I tried .I will try it in a different wax & hope for the best. I was wanting the cinnamon notes & jelly donut is no where near close. I will let you know as soon as they respond back. I am pushing for refunds for us all that purchased this oil. Poor me I bought a 1 lb bottle ,may have to toss it in the trash. I do not want to waste any more wax on testing this scent. I hope you change your mind on ordering from them ,they do have some amazing scents + great deals on intro prices. They also will ship flat rate & every month you can try 5 samplers for $1 each .I think I have 75 or more 1 oz Aztec samplers. If your wanting to try something ,let me know. I will be more than happy to send you samplers. I can never get all these into the wax. I have to many oils & not enough time. I have my usual 1 lb & 8 oz favorites from them as well. I personally love their crème brulee, apple jack & peel ,mulled cider, caribbean escape, lavender lemon ,pink sugar, Blue Hawaii, grandmas kitchen ,the list goes on & on lol. They have recently discontinued some I loved as well . The lollipop swirl was one of them , named it ribbon candy during the holidays ,no longer available .I am sure I can replace this one from another supplier . I will post as soon I get a response from them :)

PM me if you want to try any samplers ,I can mail you some to test. I am thinking seriously about Yankee Autumn in the Park at $11 a lb intro price. I will continue to buy their oils :)

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/8/2016 at 0:48 PM, katmeltswax said:

Moonstar, I am still waiting for a response from Aztec. I was very polite in my message +I have been a great customer for a couple of years with this co. I love the specials & almost every oil I have purchased from them has worked out great for me. I was shocked when the results of this one & yes it is definitely a bad batch .I did suggest a refund would only be the right thing to do for all customers who purchased this faulty oil. I was counting on this scent for fall ,I may find this elsewhere ,but now a bit skeptic of any Cinnamon sugar Donut BBW type. I think I will move on & just find another donut scent for fall. I have a 1 lb bottle of Just Scent Jelly donut .I tested this one & weak throw in one wax blend I tried .I will try it in a different wax & hope for the best. I was wanting the cinnamon notes & jelly donut is no where near close. I will let you know as soon as they respond back. I am pushing for refunds for us all that purchased this oil. Poor me I bought a 1 lb bottle ,may have to toss it in the trash. I do not want to waste any more wax on testing this scent. I hope you change your mind on ordering from them ,they do have some amazing scents + great deals on intro prices. They also will ship flat rate & every month you can try 5 samplers for $1 each .I think I have 75 or more 1 oz Aztec samplers. If your wanting to try something ,let me know. I will be more than happy to send you samplers. I can never get all these into the wax. I have to many oils & not enough time. I have my usual 1 lb & 8 oz favorites from them as well. I personally love their crème brulee, apple jack & peel ,mulled cider, caribbean escape, lavender lemon ,pink sugar, Blue Hawaii, grandmas kitchen ,the list goes on & on lol. They have recently discontinued some I loved as well . The lollipop swirl was one of them , named it ribbon candy during the holidays ,no longer available .I am sure I can replace this one from another supplier . I will post as soon I get a response from them :)

PM me if you want to try any samplers ,I can mail you some to test. I am thinking seriously about Yankee Autumn in the Park at $11 a lb intro price. I will continue to buy their oils :)

I just now saw this - sorry for the tardy reply. I also messaged them awhile back ago + disappointed in their response. On a side note I just love your idea of a 

ribbon candy scent for the holidays - so clever ! Any suggestions on another FO that would work since lollipop swirls discontinued ? Did get the Blueberry Cobbler

and love it ! Maybe I will try some others but I have to be honest their response to the cinnamon sugar donut left me with a bad impression. I could see if say a 

few people had issues but this was Lots of people plus they had the FO reformulated - oh well :( 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Moonstar said:

I just now saw this - sorry for the tardy reply. I also messaged them awhile back ago + disappointed in their response. On a side note I just love your idea of a 

ribbon candy scent for the holidays - so clever ! Any suggestions on another FO that would work since lollipop swirls discontinued ? Did get the Blueberry Cobbler

and love it ! Maybe I will try some others but I have to be honest their response to the cinnamon sugar donut left me with a bad impression. I could see if say a 

few people had issues but this was Lots of people plus they had the FO reformulated - oh well :( 

Moonstar ,No problem on the delay LOL ... Well the lollipop swirl is gone & it does remind me of ribbon candy ,same as the thin candy I buy & love during the holidays :)

I have looked into a replacement for this one . Natures Garden carries a Rock Candy & I am going to try this one &see what happens. I have never ordered from NG & have heard great reviews on their oils .I have a cart full & now have to narrow it down a bit lol. I am the worlds worse about filling up a cart & then go back to select the final choices. It takes me a week to place a order ,have trouble making up my mind. I do still continue to order from Aztec & have been for a few years ,love most of their oils & never had a bad one until this one. I have ordered some I did not care for ,but not saying the oil  was bad ,just did not care for the smell. I will say I love almost all I do get thou. I love there 5 for 5 deals & special introductory price on new scents. It is a gamble to order a pound at a time ,but I am usually very happy with most. I did ask for a refund on the Cinn Donut BBW  & never received a response either .I did get a call from Terry & missed the call ,so maybe it is to do with the bad oil. I had leakage all over the place with that one. I ordered a whole pound.. I think maybe it came to them this way & they just did not realize the issue ,so I will continue to be a loyal customer. I have some that are must haves thru them & cannot do without or replace. Most of their oils bind so well with the waxes I use. I did order a 5 lb sample of the soy tart blend & excited to smell the results. I have a few scents curing at this time. I am guessing I should let them sit a week before testing. I have always wanted to add soy to my line & hope this soy tart wax blend will work out. I will keep you posted on this wax . I love their Pumpkin spice for fall. I would say most of Aztecs oils are good quality ,but now & then their are a few on the light side, this seems to be the case with all companies thou. Their shipping cost is great & I receive my orders super fast. I love their Crème brulee & the discontinued Guava is superb in my wax .I use it to blend with others scents to. I did order a pound of theor Citrus Punch & I read good reviews on it . It should smell like Raspberry lemonade according to some of the reviews ,sounds good. I will be happy to send you  samples, if I have what your looking for from Aztec. I have quite a collection from this co LOL. I do not mind at all. I have so many & always buy the 5 for 5 deals every month, along with most of their newly added scents .I do get the pound size in most. Message me if you want to try any of their scents , I will be happy to check & see if I have them. God bless ,Kat

I am going to try adding the Cinn Donut BBW Aztec oil at a high temp around 195 & see what kind of results I get .I have a pound of this oil & from what I have read ,this may just make a difference. If it fails ,then I will give up on this scent :( I may try the reformulated in the 1 oz sampler as well. I really would like for this scent to perform well ,it would be a great one for fall & winter. I will keep you posted on results at high temp. Maybe I can get this done within the next couple of days. .I am in the middle of making wax chunks & fall tarts . I have a home town local show coming up on November 30 . The chunks are time consuming ,but well worth it when done. I always end up with a lot of bags when finished. I pack these in the white window craft bags .I get all my packing bags from Paper mart. Sorry got off topic on this . My advice to you about Aztec is give them another chance .They really do have some great oils .They have also started adding some Crafters choice items .I am hoping they will get some of their oils as well. They have stated to feel free to request Crafters choice products. I am going to message them to please add the Vanilla Bean Noel fragrance oil. Aztecs price will be much lower than WSP :)

Gosh VBN from WSP is over 30 a pound :(

If enough of us request this scent ,I think they will eventually offer it . I will put in my request for it & I am sure more crafters will do the same.