Butter Brickle from NG

Trappeur

11 hours ago, puma52 said:

OK.....all you guys....this is ALL YOUR FAULT!!!!!  Trappeur and Moonstar, Belinda and se2653....all ya all !!! :laugh2:I ordered the Butter Brickle and Buttered Maple Oats Honey and oh my goodness!!! Do these ever smell good!!! Bunch of enablers....all youins!!!  I ordered the Vanilla Champagne too Trappeur....YUMMMM!!! OK....I'm gonna do it right now and I want you all to join me with your delicious blends....it's time to start the Fall/Winter Chunk Tart Melt recipes !!! :)

Well, tonight when I get home I get to burn the Butter brickle and Buttered Maple Oats as it has been 2 weeks!  Yah!!!I'll post my findings later this evening.

Puma let me tell you, that Vanilla Champagne from Natures Garden is really a very strong thrower.  I have an account I got this past spring and I've been doing a LOT of wine fragrances for this store and she orders every week (no kidding) the Champagne in the tins and status jars and it's every week!  I'm not a wine person at all....(love my chocolate wine though as it is the next best thing to Baileys, lol) but anyways this scent you can smell the vanilla in it and champagne and actually the bubbles! Neither the vanilla or champagne overpowers each other.  It is a very smooth great throwing scent and I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great wine scent.  I don't mind pouring this fragrance at all.  The other top seller they sell out every week is the Chardonnay from Flaming which gags me...but it sells out every week also.  Another one that is a nice one to smell and is easy on me to pour as it is very nice is the Cabernet Grape from Flaming.  It's not a strong seller yet, but it's moving up there fast.  Please let us know what you think of the Vanilla Champage when you make it as I haven't seen any reviews on this one but mine.:)

Trappeur

• Like 2

Hi Goldie,

Well I hope it smells as great as the gold throw is as it sure is strong and very rich smelling.  My container is a 3 wick jobbie in a large crystal jar so the scent should be good and strong.....keeping my fingers crossed.

When are you going to test yours?  What wax are you using too?  Can't wait to see your findings.

Trappeur

Great, I'll be patiiently waiting for your review.  I use those jars for my big wholesale account in the 464 and wanted to make that scent for them too if it is a good thrower...I use the cd12 wicks....What do you use for wicks.?

Trappeur

15 minutes ago, Trappeur said:

Great, I'll be patiiently waiting for your review.  I use those jars for my big wholesale account in the 464 and wanted to make that scent for them too if it is a good thrower...I use the cd12 wicks....What do you use for wicks.?

Trappeur

I use Premier 785 or 790.  I've done power burns of 6+ hours and the jars only get hot as they burn to the first third of the jar.  Even the last quarter don't get hot.  Couldn't get a good hot throw with some scents with 780s.  May try a few cd12s if I still have them.

Look what I'm going to try for the holidays.  A bit more expensive jar, but I think I can up the price.  Gold, Silver, Bronze

mercury jars.jpg

Edited by GoldieMN
Picture HUGE
  • Like 3

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well, tonight when I get home I get to burn the Butter brickle and Buttered Maple Oats as it has been 2 weeks!  Yah!!!I'll post my findings later this evening.

Puma let me tell you, that Vanilla Champagne from Natures Garden is really a very strong thrower.  I have an account I got this past spring and I've been doing a LOT of wine fragrances for this store and she orders every week (no kidding) the Champagne in the tins and status jars and it's every week!  I'm not a wine person at all....(love my chocolate wine though as it is the next best thing to Baileys, lol) but anyways this scent you can smell the vanilla in it and champagne and actually the bubbles! Neither the vanilla or champagne overpowers each other.  It is a very smooth great throwing scent and I highly recommend this to anyone who is looking for a great wine scent.  I don't mind pouring this fragrance at all.  The other top seller they sell out every week is the Chardonnay from Flaming which gags me...but it sells out every week also.  Another one that is a nice one to smell and is easy on me to pour as it is very nice is the Cabernet Grape from Flaming.  It's not a strong seller yet, but it's moving up there fast.  Please let us know what you think of the Vanilla Champage when you make it as I haven't seen any reviews on this one but mine.:)

Trappeur

Sounds like I did good ordering the Vanilla Champagne! I can't wait to pour these. Congrats on your great account...sounds like they keep you busy!! :)  Thank you for your suggestions...they are great!  :)

• Like 1

11 hours ago, GoldieMN said:

I use Premier 785 or 790.  I've done power burns of 6+ hours and the jars only get hot as they burn to the first third of the jar.  Even the last quarter don't get hot.  Couldn't get a good hot throw with some scents with 780s.  May try a few cd12s if I still have them.

Look what I'm going to try for the holidays.  A bit more expensive jar, but I think I can up the price.  Gold, Silver, Bronze

Oh my gosh!  Those are beautiful!  I've never seen anything like them before.  Are they old?  I LOVE EM!

TRAPPEUR

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Moonstar said:

Goldie LOVE the jars ! Cant wait to hear from you 2 ladies on your results ! Vanilla Champagne ....Hmmmm ???? lol ! 

As soon as I come back from feeding the horses I'm lighting them up!

Trappeur

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Oh my gosh!  Those are beautiful!  I've never seen anything like them before.  Are they old?  I LOVE EM!

TRAPPEUR

I got them in the Joanne Fabrics store.  They have some online, but it doesn't look like they have all of them.  Also, I paid around $2.50 each since they were on sale.  The lids I buy from Fillmore, I think.

Goldie

Well, here are my reviews for Butter Brickle and Butter Maple Oats Honey.....

NOTHING.....NO THROW Unless I stand over them......Oh, this is so disheartening....I had high hopes for these 2 fragrances they were that luscious out of bottle and also the cold throw was awesome....Wwwaaahhhhh......

I made 2 large crystal candle jars in them on Aug 2 in 464 double wicked and triple wicked and just lit them today and they have been burning for 5 hours and NOTHING.....What a bummer.  I guess l will let them cure longer and see what happens but I don't foresee much hope but you never know...

I hope for the ones who ordered the scents have better luck than me.

Trappeur

• Like 1

I'm so sorry to hear that you didn't get any throw from this fo.  I have been testing it in a 25 watt burner, and in pillar of bliss at 10%, cured for about 1 week (just testing out a new tart wax, to see how it performs), and it was very strong, i actually had to turn it off as if was getting too strong (which is unusual for me, I like my tarts strong!).    I haven't tried the Butter Maple Oats Honey, I may have to order that next time...

• Like 1

Glad you had success with Butter Brickle.  I'm so sad it didn't throw for me as I loved those scents.   I gave it another week and still nothing.  So these are my first 2 duds from Natures Garden, "Butter Brickle" and "Buttered Maple Oats" using 464.  I wonder how Goldie made out with hers.  Hope she sees this post.

Trappeur

On 8/17/2016 at 7:23 PM, Belinda said:

I have some Fall blends going around in my head but I haven't put them together yet. I want to do a blend of pumpkin pie and orange chiffon cake or pumpkin pie and oatmeal raisin cookie and see how that turns out! 

Belinda I just got some new samples from Flaming last night and one of them is Bourbon Soaked Raisins.  Doesn't pumpkin pie and this bourbon soaked raisins sound good?  I'm going to do a blend with that one.  Here is what I'm doing:

.4 Pie crust (Ind) 

.2 Pump. pie (CS)

.2 Pump Souflee (Tenn)

.2 Pump Pie Spice (Tenn)

1 oz Bourbon Soaked Raisins (Flaming)

All this makes 2 pounds of wax....if you want to do 1 pound just cut in 1/2

Trappeur

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Glad you had success with Butter Brickle.  I'm so sad it didn't throw for me as I loved those scents.   I gave it another week and still nothing.  So these are my first 2 duds from Natures Garden, "Butter Brickle" and "Buttered Maple Oats" using 464.  I wonder how Goldie made out with hers.  Hope she sees this post.

Trappeur

I've been resisting lighting it, hoping a longer cure time will make a difference.

Goldie

2 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Belinda I just got some new samples from Flaming last night and one of them is Bourbon Soaked Raisins.  Doesn't pumpkin pie and this bourbon soaked raisins sound good?  I'm going to do a blend with that one.  Here is what I'm doing:

.4 Pie crust (Ind) 

.2 Pump. pie (CS)

.2 Pump Souflee (Tenn)

.2 Pump Pie Spice (Tenn)

Trappeur

Sounds delicious!  :P

Goldie

Edited by GoldieMN

7 hours ago, Trappeur said:

.4 Pie crust (Ind) 

.2 Pump. pie (CS)

.2 Pump Souflee (Tenn)

.2 Pump Pie Spice (Tenn)

Trappeur

Oh that sounds soooooo good! I think I have most of those too! Thank you for the idea! You and Puma always come up with such good blends.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GoldieMN said:

Well I waited a bit over three weeks to cure and am getting hardly any hot throw from the Nature's Garden Butter Brickle.  I used pint jars, 464 wax, 785 Premier wick, 7% fragrance.  I may try some tarts at 10% just to use up the bottle.

Goldie

Well, I'm glad it wasn't me with no throw and even a 3 week cure in 464 as you found the same results...."nothing"..  Well, on to the next ones, right!

Trappeur

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Trappeur said:

Well, I'm glad it wasn't me with no throw and even a 3 week cure in 464 as you found the same results...."nothing"..  Well, on to the next ones, right!

Trappeur

How did your blend with bourbon soaked pecans and pumpkin come out?