Holiday Candles, what do you do?

Do you discount your special holiday type candles after the event has passed, keep them out and maintain pricing, or do you pull them for the following year?

I'm thinking about candles & melts that would have special labels and might have the words "Valentine" "Easter" "Christmas" etc. in the scent name.
"

I sell them at their regular price throughout the year. I just re-label with new names instead of holiday name. But if I have any left by the end of summer I sell at half price or deep discount to sell off as much stock as I can. Then I make fresh holiday/fall candles in time for September - December sales.

• Like 1

Guest OldGlory

Selling candles retail made me crazy, lol. I hated leftovers from a show or a market, and for that reason I don't sell candles retail now.

Melts are a different ball game because they're small, contained, and easily stored. My leftovers from a season get marked down immediately to half price. I have a good margin on melts so even at half price there's still a little profit left.

My general preference is to sell it quickly at a marked down price and bring in new merchandise.

Thanks ladies!  I was relabeling as well until this past Christmas when I was sick I left the items until April when I could get back to work and some of it

sold while I was out.  Not pulling the items to relabel this year got me thinking and sometimes that's a dangerous thing!

• Like 1

I never relabel my holiday scents as I have some customers that buy them year round.  One customer in particular only buys my Balsam & Christmas Day scents every month in votives and tarts.